Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best 1911 9mm mags ?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I run Metalform Dawson and Tripp. Mine doesn't like ETMs at all.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalE View Post
    I run Metalform Dawson and Tripp. Mine doesn't like ETMs at all.
    I think it would be more helpful if you stated the gun you are running. That way people could learn from the thread.

Both the chips and Wilsons ran fine in my Springfield Operator Lipseys blah blah blah . I just found the Wilsons loaded slightly easier.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 06-14-17 at 19:23.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I just bought 2 Mecgar 10rd mags for my DW Guardian. So far I have run about 10 fully loaded and 4-6 partially loaded mags in it. Had 1 ftf on the very first fully loaded mag. It happened after the 1st round was fired. No issues since.

Still in the testing phase, but look promising. I plan to run them in a couple of IDPA matches to see how they hold up.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I think it would be more helpful if you stated the gun you are running. That way people could learn from the thread.

Both the chips and Wilsons ran fine in my Springfield Operator Lipseys blah blah blah . I just found the Wilsons loaded slightly easier.

PB
    Certainly. My Dan Wesson shipped with Checkmate mags that I've had no issue with. I bought Tripp, Dawson, and Wilson to test. I immediately returned the Wilsons after testing them as they had the most nose-dive and were hardest to load. This was about 3 years ago, never checked back on any developments in 9mm mags...just use what I got then.

Feedback Score
    Checkmate hybrids have always worked in all my .45 cal 1911's, so when I bought a new LW Ruger in 9mm last Saturday, I was delighted to find it came with Checkmates. Haven't even fired it yet, but ordered two Wilson ETM's before the sale ended. Just hope they work out as well as so many say they do for them.
    I'm sure I'll be ordering more Checkmate OEM mags also, barring any kind of bad experience with the ones that shipped with the gun.
    Skip

Feedback Score
    I use Chip Ms in my 9mm Rock Island full size, have been 100%, and they're the 10 rounders. They're about $30 on Midway, so not too bad price wise.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/25...tainless-steel
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I would stay away from Mec-Gar magazines. For some reason they gave me nothing but problems and even had a hard time being fully loaded.
    USMC MSGT Ret. 1371

SEMPER PARATUS Certified AR-15 Armorer

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." -Alexander Hamilton

Feedback Score
    Just goes to show, doesn't matter what people are using. My Guardian runs just fine with 10rd Mecgar mags. Doesn't matter if they are loaded to capacity, or partially loaded. Yet, choked big time with Wilson OTM. First time a Wilson mag caused a problem, instead of solving it.

People, if you want the best advice, ask your gun...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've tried the V1 & 2 Wilson mags. Nothing to swoon over and need a break in period to reliably feed 10 rounds because of the heavy spring. Ended up finally going with the Metalform 'Springfield' style mad and haven't looked back.

Feedback Score
    I got the Chip McCormick 10 rounders that have the "integrated feed ramp" .. a small lift/bump in the mag body. They have been 100% in my Rock Island. $30ish from Midway.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast