Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Off hand challenge

Feedback Score

Off hand challenge

I shot50 rounds with my Canik at 25 yards unsupported. IMG_3131.jpg
    Here is my targetIMG_3141.jpg
    How accurately can you shoot at 25 yards off hand? This is a 5.5 inch target
    Last edited by Jolr; 05-28-17 at 06:37.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My range is too restrictive. They don't let us shoot while rappelling upside down. 🤔

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't know what you are getting at? I can do that all day long with any of my Glocks depending on rate of fire. My son's Cannik, which he ran at one of our low key matches yesterday, is very accurate. I would imagine that in slow fire he'd keep them all in the size of your sticker.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Uh, the NRA 25 yard slow fire target 10 ring is 1.5ish inches, the timed and rapid 10 ring is 3.50ish. Bullseye is shot offhand, while not an everyday occurrence, I shot several 100's on both targets using a PPC revolver (model 10 frame, bomar rib, douglas barrel built by a friend) and open sights, it got better when they allowed aimpoints, raised my average about 6 points.

Not a bad target, though. Generally a circle of impacts outside the bull mean you are coming off the front sight and looking at the target. Hard focus on the front sight. What helped drive that into my head was shooting at the back of B-27 targets printed on white paper at 50 yard. The only thing to look at is your front sight.

Edit to add: before someone gets the impression I was a Camp Perry NRA bullseye shooter, I definitely am not. Our state peace officers association used to shoot both bullseye and PPC. I won bullseye several times, but was generally top 5. It is a relaxing hobby, though.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 05-28-17 at 12:56.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For some reason your title reminded me of shooting with your weak hand. Makes for interesting practice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Uh, the NRA 25 yard slow fire target 10 ring is 1.5ish inches, the timed and rapid 10 ring is 3.50ish. Bullseye is shot offhand, while not an everyday occurrence, I shot several 100's on both targets using a PPC revolver (model 10 frame, bomar rib, douglas barrel built by a friend) and open sights, it got better when they allowed aimpoints, raised my average about 6 points.

Not a bad target, though. Generally a circle of impacts outside the bull mean you are coming off the front sight and looking at the target. Hard focus on the front sight. What helped drive that into my head was shooting at the back of B-27 targets printed on white paper at 50 yard. The only thing to look at is your front sight.

Edit to add: before someone gets the impression I was a Camp Perry NRA bullseye shooter, I definitely am not. Our state peace officers association used to shoot both bullseye and PPC. I won bullseye several times, but was generally top 5. It is a relaxing hobby, though.
    My attached image shows that I used a red dot

Feedback Score
    My target is 5.5 inches. How big do you think the 10 ring is in this target?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I don't know what you are getting at? I can do that all day long with any of my Glocks depending on rate of fire. My son's Cannik, which he ran at one of our low key matches yesterday, is very accurate. I would imagine that in slow fire he'd keep them all in the size of your sticker.
    Talk is easy. Post a target

Feedback Score
    Pictures of targets mean nothing.
    Videos prove something.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So you shot what appears to be a 10" group at 25 yards. And that means what exactly?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast