Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Off hand challenge

Feedback Score
    This is a typical 25 yard target for me, in this case, using a CZ P10C shooting 20 rounds of Perfetca 115 gr. 9mm fired off hand at 25 yards. I loaded 5 rounds each into 4 magazines and fired as quickly as the front sight settled down and performed three fast magazine changes.

The target is a regular 8 1/2 by 11 inch piece of copy paper with a blue 4 inch by 4 inch post-it note attached.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]45795[/ATTA
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsco View Post
    This is a typical 25 yard target for me, in this case, using a CZ P10C shooting 20 rounds of Perfetca 115 gr. 9mm fired off hand at 25 yards. I loaded 5 rounds each into 4 magazines and fired as quickly as the front sight settled down and performed three fast magazine changes.

The target is a regular 8 1/2 by 11 inch piece of copy paper with a blue 4 inch by 4 inch post-it note attached.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]45795[/ATTA
    That's good shooting at that rate of fire. Nice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    H&K P30LS with a bunch of shit bolted on for extra Instagram points. It is also my EDC gun.

No, that's how H&Ks are designed.

Ah yes, I remember seeing that in a thread about a year ago.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ended up being the RSO at the range today, so I squeezed in a hundred round for myself. Gen4 Glock 19, box stock other than a set of Redback One sights. I've never run this gun at 25 yds so I was surprised to see it hit about 4" high at 20yds. I know my G17 Gen3 is more accurate with those same sights.The first mag is those high shots.(not an excuse ) Once I dialed it in with a low hold, it did what I expected with a few oops on my part. My IPSC 50 rounds I am much happier with. 50 slow fire rounds without a break is exhausting mentally. Good practice.

IMG_3280[1].jpg IMG_3281[1].jpg
    Last edited by AKDoug; 05-29-17 at 19:47.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    not worth it.
    Last edited by foxtrotx1; 05-29-17 at 22:10.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Well we all know its not worth it,not tactically cool or approved by Ninjas but here we go,,,I shot a couple targets today ! I have been wanting to post a couple targets but its been raining every friggin day up this way but it finally stopped so I got out today ! Not my best shooting as you can see but I ran 50 rds through both guns fairly quick. Had all my mags loaded and got on target and banged away, not super fast but kinda settled on the target and squeezed rds off. Very typical (for me) lots of low & left but got some in the black ! Not making excuses but I have not been shooting my normal amount,our indoor range has been closed for the last year so no indoor Winter shooting and this Spring has been a washout for much of it and its been hard getting out,but anyways I did shoot today (Wed) and will do a couple more in the days to come or this weekend to see if I can up my game and not be totally embarrassed ! I really thought I would do better with my CZ but the 1911 target looks a bit better I think ! Both guns I shot my reloads,230 lead and titegroup in the 45 and 128 grn lead/powder coated with 231 in the 9mm. Both these loads are my go to load and will always shoot better than me on most outings.

Myself included, I think we get caught up in the train,train train aspect of shooting and that's all we do, run and gun, shooting from cover, holster draws,mag changes,etc,,,and that's ALL GOOD ! But with that said I think its important to slow it down a bit and just really take the time to practice things like this ! For several Winters @ our Club we had a guy that shot Action Pistol/Bianchi Cup and he would bring all his stuff over to the club on Sunday mornings and ran a league for anyone that wanted to come. It was a ton of fun, he brought all the turning targets and had all the goodies, we did a different scenario every week. Talk about a wake up call and just how bad a shot you could be @ distance with the timer running, targets turning and then turning back and not getting all your shots off or worse yet not getting all your shots where they should be,,,LOL Bottom line this type of shooting really HELPS,,your doing holster draws, getting on target, following through and "trying" to get em all in the black, on the clock, good shooting and training all in one and lots of rds down range, ever session was 48 rds,,just tons of fun ! Anyways I have rambled on long enough so here are my targets ! Will get a couple more and will look forward to seeing some more in the coming days !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by m1a_scoutguy; 06-01-17 at 01:21.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Off hand challenge

Here is from Monday. I did five rounds of range ammo cold at 25. The shot below is a round from my carry ammo to verify that the zero hadn't shifted. This is probably the best group I've fired with a handgun at 25 offhand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    If you wat a have a very humbling experience, give NRA Metallic Silhoutter a try some time. The chickens are shot at 50 yards, standing, no support and are the equivalent of shooting a a 5 inch target at 50. The turkeys are exasperating!

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolr View Post
    If you wat a have a very humbling experience, give NRA Metallic Silhoutter a try some time. The chickens are shot at 50 yards, standing, no support and are the equivalent of shooting a a 5 inch target at 50. The turkeys are exasperating!
    Ya got that right brother,,dam ! I shot Metallic Silhouette back in the late 70s early 80s with rifles and it was just as crazy hard. Ya really gotta practice that's for sure. I always wanted to try Handgun but never got around to it. Tons of fun I bet but pretty tough no doubt ! I was gonna shoot a couple more targets today but its back to rainin again ! Will get more later in the week I hope !

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Rain is again saving me from the humiliation of showing my 25 yard off hand group.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast