Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I need a 9mm AR SBR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    On the other hand, I already have this:

Which is a suppressed 9mm with an optic that takes G33 mags...so why do I need an identical SBR? Decisions...

http://www.capitolarmory.com/colt-le...5-9mm-sbr.html

I like that. I like the price. But with a can it's going to get pretty long. I like the 4" barrel and 5" can. But damn that's a good looking gun.
    You could always SBR the Glock. Lol.

I'm kind of torn, for an 9mm pistol/SBR Glock mags are interesting, especially with dedicated Glock mag lowers. The Colt is also interesting from the perspective that i believe I can swap the mag block out if I SBR it and run it 5.56 with the proper SBR upper and I don't think the mags are all that big of an issue, of course I stock mags for like 11 different handguns, forget rifles so I'm at the point what is another mag type? Sadly I fear if I end up going in on one I'll have to do multiples to fill all the possible niches. It is a illness really, but what a grand illness it is.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    You could always SBR the Glock. Lol.
    Or buy the sbr adapter and put a kak pistol buffer tube and say it helps me hold the gun one handed

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have LWD and QC10 Glock lowers. Both guns go bang regularly, but the LWD lower is portly compared the the QC10. It was a pleasure working with QC10, less so with LWD, but that was most of ten years ago.

I am not overly partisan, but my major considerations -

> Regarding the magazines, how may Glock magazines are there in this world versus the Colt pattern?
    > The ergonomics and BHO favor the Colt no doubt.
    > The LWDs/QC10s will run Glock 26 and longer magazines, so they can be short.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I have been happy with my Angstadt Arms. I am very impressed with their customer service. When I email questions I hear back from the owner quickly. I built mine and used a TROS Tri Lug 5.5" bbl. I like the idea of minimizing magazines and calibers too. Go for a Glock Mag AR.

https://angstadtarms.com/product/0940-receiver-set/

This is a great option too:
    https://angstadtarms.com/product/udp-9-sbr/

I bought a Hahn bottom loading converter too so I could use Colt Style Mags. I have access to a FA M16 and wanted to try it out. It's fun. http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...-prod1548.aspx

These PSA marked Metalform Mags are awesome. I bought them at $19.99 each. They went down to $16.99 then $12.99 looks like they are out of stock now.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-9...-magazine.html

https://gun.deals/product/psa-9mm-32...-magazine-1199

I have a few Colt mags. They are the same magazines with different markings on the floor plate. For about 1/3 the price or less.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Put this together today...gonna start the process to SBR it and go to a shorter barrel and swap out a few parts as they come in but for now I'm pretty psyched with how it turned out;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Capital Armory is good people. I've bought almost a dozen cans from them.

I went the Quarter Circle 10 route. I'm running a 4.5" barrel, and waiting on an Omega 9K can to go with it. Glock 18 mags can be found on sale for $25 each. Buy yourself a dozen and get an Uplula.

It runs like a scalded dog, and my buddy's kids love this thing. As soon as my plate racks show up next week, we are going to have even more fun.

Imagine 10-year-olds gunning for the fastest time with no misses on a suppressed 9mm SBR.

Feedback Score
    I'm doing the same as "USMCVET" basically. Hahn mag. block and with a JP bolt. a little twist, using a A5 buffer with it. same weight as 9mm buffer but keeps bolt from traveling so far back and less chance of a empty case going in trigger area. Second one as a pistol that uses Glock magazines.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Capital Armory is good people. I've bought almost a dozen cans from them.

I went the Quarter Circle 10 route. I'm running a 4.5" barrel, and waiting on an Omega 9K can to go with it. Glock 18 mags can be found on sale for $25 each. Buy yourself a dozen and get an Uplula.

It runs like a scalded dog, and my buddy's kids love this thing. As soon as my plate racks show up next week, we are going to have even more fun.

Imagine 10-year-olds gunning for the fastest time with no misses on a suppressed 9mm SBR.

I wanted to buy from Quarter Circle 10 too their customer service was great too. I have read great things about them. They were very quick to answer questions and I am sure that must get hard at times. Everything was out of stock when I was buying. The 4.5" bbl is even a better choice for a suppressed gun. It helps keep the rounds subsonic, right? 5.5" was as short as I could find.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blade_68 View Post
    I'm doing the same as "USMCVET" basically. Hahn mag. block and with a JP bolt. a little twist, using a A5 buffer with it. same weight as 9mm buffer but keeps bolt from traveling so far back and less chance of a empty case going in trigger area. Second one as a pistol that uses Glock magazines.
    I had to mess around with buffers and springs. The A5 with a rifle spring worked well and so does the Spikes Heavy Buffer with an extra heavy Wolf carbine length spring. I think the A5 was more affordable.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I wanted to buy from Quarter Circle 10 too their customer service was great too. I have read great things about them. They were very quick to answer questions and I am sure that must get hard at times. Everything was out of stock when I was buying. The 4.5" bbl is even a better choice for a suppressed gun. It helps keep the rounds subsonic, right? 5.5" was as short as I could find.
    Yes, I wanted a short barrel to help control velocity, but also to reduce overall length with a can. I've got an Omega 9K on order, but also debated putting my Griffin Optimus on it. It's going to get a 3-lug adapter, regardless.

Without a can, you need to be VERY careful about hand placement. You can drop a pinkie into the ejection port, or get a thumb or forefinger in front of the barrel. Neither is recommended.

I've also considered mounting a 1.8" ID rail and then conducting rail surgery so the can is easy to mount and dismount. I've also got a spare LAW Tactical Gen 3 adapter.

So it will likely be a compact firearm for discreet travel. I also already have several different types of those, for different roles and destinations.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast