Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I need a 9mm AR SBR.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    ^^^Exactly why I ordered a CMMG this week for my build.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Updates on buffer project for the A5 RE:

The AR-10 rifle buffer with all but 1 rubber pad removed will fit 6 weights perfectly. Below next to an A5 buffer. (Yes I used a hack saw and hand drill. Its crooked. Sue me.)

7.75 oz with 3 tungsten and 3 steel weights. I decided to order 3 more tungsten weights as opposed to take apart other A5 or H/H2 carbine buffer. Total weight with 6 tungsten should be 10oz. So total cost if you bought an AR-10 buffer for $15 and 6 weights at $50 means a custom 9mm buffer you can use with an A5 RE for $65 plus time to cut the buffer and drill it.

I think the other option is a KAK 10oz carbine buffer plus you would need a spacer about 1.5" to limit the bolt travel. Or the Slash custom buffer option but you can see his prices are up there.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    After a few range trips with my 12oz buffer I'm pretty happy with the shooting characteristics. The next thing I'm considering tweaking is the recoil spring. If I understand this thing correctly the recoil spring does not contribute to bolt velocity significantly. The mass of the recoil assembly is what holds the case in the chamber long enough to vent the gas out the muzzle. Therefor the best spring weight will be that which is just enough to reliably push the next cartidge into battery. This might have the added benefit of lessening dot movement from the bolt slamming home against the barrel extension. Is anyone aware of a reduced power recoil spring for sale or should I just cut coils off the one I have. Would one of these A5+.75 setups run a rifle or carbine spring?

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Euro, get in touch with me when you have time, I have some info for you on this subject.
    Owner/CEO
    Light Tac LLC

Owner
    Mutiny Arms LLC

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Here is my setup:

PSA 10.5 Barrel (was a new takeoff from TOS EE)
    Spinta BCG - Blem (which I think the overall length is "short" and causing my buffer to hit the buffer retaining pin, so I removed the pin)

Spikes 9mm lower
    Custom AR-10 Buffer cut to a A5+0.75" length, ~10.1 oz
    Regular Rifle Spring
    Rise Black Trigger and thus the KNS pins since I didn't want to mess with set screws

2x ASC 10rd mags needed to be filed on the right side of the feedlips to work. What a PITA!!!

Not a lot of trigger time. First time out, unsuppressed, I loaded 1 round. Fired and BHO. 2nd mag with 2 rounds, fired and had an FTE. Reloaded, fired and BHO. Then another few rounds all worked and BHO. After these rounds is when I noticed my buffer getting chewed up.

Retainer pin was removed.

Suppressed, 2 mags with 2 rounds each, 100% function.

Overall happy so far. Not sure what caused my first FTE, although my blem Spinta bolt had a burr at the extractor and the extractor looks like it barely catches the rim. Again, I kinda cheaped out where I could so I was not expecting 100%. This weekend I will load up my 2 10rd baby mags and see if I can shoot 20rds without an issues. Hopefully get over to VA to pick up 32rd mags and shoot the next USPSA PCC match.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    This weekend I will load up my 2 10rd baby mags and see if I can shoot 20rds without an issues. Hopefully get over to VA to pick up 32rd mags and shoot the next USPSA PCC match.

Looks great. I LOL at the baby mag. Never seen anyone use one before. The Glock 10 rd mags don't look as short in the Glock compatible carbines.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Haha, yeah they are wee things for sure. I live in Maryland so thats what I can have mailed to my house. I have a few 32rd mags out of state that I need to go pickup, which is legal. Is what it is!

Just got back from the yard, loaded 10rds of AE 147gr (truncated cone) and shot 10/10 with BHO suppressed. For USPSA I will need to figure out the mag block thing and use an SBR lower.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345