Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahles k16i 1-6x24 on suppressed AR?

Feedback Score

Kahles k16i 1-6x24 on suppressed AR?

Im thinking about picking up a Kahles k16i 1-6x24 sm2 reticle for my do it all AR. It will be used for target, hog hunting, plinking and SHTF if needed. I've never had a Kahles optic before and I'm just looking for everyone's opinions/thoughts.

Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    From reputation, I think it would work well.

For a do all AR, I like 1-4/1-6 optics, regardless if it's suppressed or not.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    No experience with Kahles scopes, but I use Kahles binos.
    Glass seems as good as my Leicas.
    They're my hunting binos, have been beat to hell and are still favorites.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I love mine

Great glass and light weight

i had a vortex 1-6, its great as well but the kahles being lighter is a huge plus
    Last edited by bates; 05-29-17 at 21:31.

Feedback Score
    I just picked up a K16i SM1 during OpticsPlanet's recent 15% off plus $150 coupon sale. I couldn't pass it up for $1540 in the end.

Good night what an awesome optic! I was blown away and I'm very picky. The only thing that I didn't expect was that the illuminated portions of the reticle (circle and center dot) were not completely black but rather had a gray, translucent quality when the illumination was turned off. Kahles confirmed this was normal due to the needs of the illumination.

That was the only surprise. Other than that, it's everything people say it is.

Feedback Score
    I have two Kales scopes, one being the K16i with SM1 reticle which is mounted on my 12.5" general purpose rifle. The only negatives I have to say about the optic is the lack of a locking diopter and the lack of windage holds in the SM1 reticle. The optical clarity and field of view on the K16i are second to none. Just as fast as my Aimpoint T2 on 1x while maintaining the capability to have crystal clear 6x magnification. The illumination is easily truely daylight bright and the reticle on the SM1 is great for fast aquisition. In the 1-6x magnification range I think its hard to beat the K16i considering weight, clarity, FoV, illumination and reticle.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    This is going to be my next optic to drop on my 12.5in V7 SBR. Selling 2 razors in order to grab one of these bad boys.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurp View Post
    I have two Kales scopes, one being the K16i with SM1 reticle which is mounted on my 12.5" general purpose rifle. The only negatives I have to say about the optic is the lack of a locking diopter and the lack of windage holds in the SM1 reticle. The optical clarity and field of view on the K16i are second to none. Just as fast as my Aimpoint T2 on 1x while maintaining the capability to have crystal clear 6x magnification. The illumination is easily truely daylight bright and the reticle on the SM1 is great for fast aquisition. In the 1-6x magnification range I think its hard to beat the K16i considering weight, clarity, FoV, illumination and reticle.
    Does the k16i have sensitive eye box? From what I read so far, it seems NF NXS 1-4 has least sensitive eye box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kukworld View Post
    Does the k16i have sensitive eye box? From what I read so far, it seems NF NXS 1-4 has least sensitive eye box

The eyebox on my K16i is easy to use at 1-6x . Do some scopes have a less sensitive eye box ? Yeah, some do, but you should really compare them on the same power magnification when doing it. But, in other areas, their FOV may be less and they may also weigh more . Currently *for me*, the Kahles 16i checks more of the boxes than any other scope out their, at any price.
    Last edited by Biggy; 07-17-17 at 19:12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kukworld View Post

I haven't had a problem with the eye box on my Kahles K16i. I do not personally think it is overly sensitive. Some LPV may have a slightly better eye box but the other positives attributes of the Kahles K16i outweigh them imo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast