Thread: I need an inexpensive carrier for balistic plates

Feedback Score

I need an inexpensive carrier for balistic plates

I friend gave me these 2 balistic plates by point blank and I'm having trouble finding a carrier. Looking to spend under 50.

Thanks for the help

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You've got soft armor panels so look for an soft armor carriers not plate carriers. You'll also need to figure out what size you have if you want us to help guide you to a carrier.

Under $50 is going to be very difficult. You should start looking at used items first. Check out eBay.

Feedback Score
    The size is medium. Thanks for the advice

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Looks like it is BALCS cut...that should help narrow your search.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LTMattyL View Post
    Looks like it is BALCS cut...that should help narrow your search.
    Good call. I thought thats what they looked like but I don't have any first hand experience with BALCS so I didn't want to throw it out there.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    It looks similar to my 2nd Chance Monarch soft armor, my side pieces are more rounded off. I did a little eBay searching and the cheapest carrier I found with a name I recognized was Condor. They came in at $73- $93. Maybe the $73 is an option if you save a little.

I, like many on here believe in "buy once, cry once". So with that in mind, you could maybe save a little longer and pick up a Beez Combat Systems (BCS) BALCS carrier for $139. I have their NIJ II carrier for my 2nd Chance Monarch soft armor and SKD level IV plates, and it is just outstanding quality. You don't hear a their name thrown out a lot here, because they aren't JPC 2.0 which seems to be really popular, but BCS makes quality gear. They do fulfill a lot of military/gov't contracts so if they get an order for a deployed unit or one about to deploy, your order goes behind that. I was good with that, and ended up waiting right at 30 days for it to arrive at my door step. I cannot speak more highly regarding their quality. I bought my Beez because a good friend showed me his Beez PC that he used on multiple deployments to Africa, Iraq, and Afghanistan and it is still serviceable. it was more than serviceable, it was in good shape still. In fact I believe it is still his go-to PC. That's some serious mileage. That is some serious quality.

BCS BALCS LBAV

What I like about these types of carriers is that you can use them low viz, under a jacket or button-down shirt. Plus you can insert plates if you need to do that. Also for me aside from low viz or low profile, is that I don't have to pull off pouches and mount new ones to change my config. I put on a different chest rig. Not everyone likes that, but I do.

So I know you said you want a PC for less than $50. My advice is save your money and get something you can trust.

good luck
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Condor?

Feedback Score
    That's what I have a girlfriend for!!!!!! Lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk