Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any timeline on the thumb safety/optics ready VP9s?

Feedback Score

Any timeline on the thumb safety/optics ready VP9s?

I remember reading about these VP9 variants a while ago, but I haven't heard a timeframe. Anyone know?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I haven't seen anything about them. Knowing hk, it's possible. Seems like manual safeties on striker guns don't sell here very well. This for a department? If so, maybe contact them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Also, check the hk forums.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    Seems like manual safeties on striker guns don't sell here very well.
    Both thumb safety and button mag release were introduced mostly to allow HK to compete in tenders when both or either are requirements. However for general sale it is up to HK USA what they will order from HK Gmbh to be made and shipped.

I'm sure that VP9-OR will come to US market soon. HK got into optic ready version mostly because of US civilian market in first place.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Any timeline on the thumb safety/optics ready VP9s?

Yeah, that's why I was asking if it was for a department...perhaps one that requires such.

I'm considering sending one of mine to Ashbury for an RMR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It was released for SFP9 variants (Europe). They haven't made the VP9 announcement on these versions as of yet. It would only make sense though, one of the options is a button mag release. That has the US written all over it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A VP9L is on my very short list, especially since neither the USP Expert 9mm nor G17L are feasible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    It was released for SFP9 variants (Europe).
    SFP9SK was presented before VP9SK was announced. Yet you already can buy VP9SK in US, while SFP9SK is still not available in Europe. I would not put much importance if something was released as SFP9 of VP9 - this is same pistol, if they show it as SFP9, they can put VP9 badge on it and send it to US. They just can't make lot of different stuff at the same moment (HK is in fact small company), so they concentrated first at what was in highest demand - smaller VP9.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    SFP9SK was presented before VP9SK was announced. Yet you already can buy VP9SK in US, while SFP9SK is still not available in Europe. I would not put much importance if something was released as SFP9 of VP9 - this is same pistol, if they show it as SFP9, they can put VP9 badge on it and send it to US. They just can't make lot of different stuff at the same moment (HK is in fact small company), so they concentrated first at what was in highest demand - smaller VP9.
    Very true, but they did announce the VP9SK. None of these variants for the VP9 have been officially announced by HK as of yet, so until they do, I don't think they will be available.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    montrala or anybody else...

Do you know if older VP9 will be compatible with the new thumb safety? Can they be retrofitted?
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast