Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sarsilmaz SARGUN/ST9

Feedback Score

Sarsilmaz SARGUN/ST9

Below is a short YouTube review of the Sarsilmaz "SARGUN" (also known as the ST-9). Seems to be a combination of features from different guns, and has the Euro-style paddle release for the mag.

At about 9:10 the recoil spring assembly is shown. Is this some iteration of Walther or HK?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcc4SqAmWEw

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've handled one in a LGS. It looks like an HK, but it's it's own deal. Has plastic see through mags, and yes, they feel flimsy. They seem big and the trigger felt good. Not sure about the need. There are a metric TON of good striker guns out there. WHAT IS IMPRESSIVE is the trigger on the SAR CM 9. The DA is smooth as glass and SA crisp. I do think overtravel in DA is a little much.

All pistols should have paddles.
    Last edited by m4brian; 05-29-17 at 12:39.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Interesting. Seems they took a lot of HK qualities and incorporated them in. Slide serrations and takedown is very similar to the P30. The RSA from the P30SK. I guess if your going to "borrow" qualities from another gun, the P30 line would be a good choice.

*damn...it is selling for $279 on CDNN.*
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 05-29-17 at 14:58.

Feedback Score
    According to Sarsilmaz, the mag has a patent pending, although I'm not sure what feature(s) would be patentable.

Feedback Score
    They put out good budget guns. I have a SAR B6P with over 3k rounds now and no issues at all. It is a CZ75 clone. Bought it for my son to use at the range so he had his own, but I have taken to it. Only downside is parts and accessory availability. EAA imports them and don't really offer spare parts. There are no aftermarket sights etc either. It's a$250 gun so not a huge deal, but some fiber optic sights would be a nice addition

Feedback Score
    The Turk manufacturers (Sarsilmaz, Canik, Girsan, etc) seem to take a proven design, add a tweak/improvement/adjustment here and there and release it at a budget price. Appears to be working for them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I watched with some interest until he came to the plastic rear frame rails part, then I lost interest. For me, I want steel slide rails fore and aft.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Interesting. Seems they took a lot of HK qualities and incorporated them in. Slide serrations and takedown is very similar to the P30. The RSA from the P30SK. I guess if your going to "borrow" qualities from another gun, the P30 line would be a good choice.

*damn...it is selling for $279 on CDNN.*
    In the interest of full disclosure, I've got one on order

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    In the interest of full disclosure, I've got one on order
    Well then, you must let us know how it goes on range day!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    They put out good budget guns. I have a SAR B6P with over 3k rounds now and no issues at all. It is a CZ75 clone. Bought it for my son to use at the range so he had his own, but I have taken to it. Only downside is parts and accessory availability. EAA imports them and don't really offer spare parts. There are no aftermarket sights etc either. It's a$250 gun so not a huge deal, but some fiber optic sights would be a nice addition
    . Doesn't EAA have witness sights to fit this gun?

I can tell you that the gen2 version of the CM9 has a trigger that smokes CZ at least in terms of OTB DA/SA.
    Last edited by m4brian; 05-30-17 at 12:57.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast