Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lower abdomen mystery injury

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I saw that happen once. Hard to diagnose - that patient got shuttled from doctor to doctor to the point where they started talking about seeing a psychologist. Ultimately turned out to be a sacral stress fracture. Those are generally best diagnosed with CT scanning, but in my patient that wasn't helpful. Nor is MRI typically helpful. IIRC, I finally made the diagnosis via a bone scan.
    I was gonna say that! No, actually I wasn't but makes sense.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've had similar issues before. Ultimately it was tied to very tense hip flexors and something like a kick, etc. That aggrivated the situation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I've had similar issues before. Ultimately it was tied to very tense hip flexors and something like a kick, etc. That aggrivated the situation.
    That's exactly what my issue is, tight hip flexors. The more I work to loosen them up the better my lower abs feel.

Feedback Score
    So I finally saw a sports medicine doctor for this and he thought it could be a sports hernia and her referred me to a physical therapist. She evaluated me in a lot more detail and determined it was a super tight psoas muscle. I probably pulled it last year when lifting and after enough time off that healed but it’s still way too tight and whenever I do any squats or deadlifts it knots up.

She gave me some pelvic exercises to do and a version of the runners stretch to hit the psoas. Anyone else deal with an injury like that? She can manually release it but I can’t really dig in there that well by myself, anyway to manually release it on my own?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    So I finally saw a sports medicine doctor for this and he thought it could be a sports hernia and her referred me to a physical therapist. She evaluated me in a lot more detail and determined it was a super tight psoas muscle. I probably pulled it last year when lifting and after enough time off that healed but it’s still way too tight and whenever I do any squats or deadlifts it knots up.

She gave me some pelvic exercises to do and a version of the runners stretch to hit the psoas. Anyone else deal with an injury like that? She can manually release it but I can’t really dig in there that well by myself, anyway to manually release it on my own?
    Google theracane psoas release

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastem View Post
    Google theracane psoas release

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I was about to order one of those and my physical therapist said it’s looking great now and I can start adding in my lower body lifts now (lightly). Along with doing my stretching and whatnot. Can’t believe I took this long to get this sorted out and three weeks later and I’m close to being fixed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I suffered a sports hernia about two and a half years ago. I stopped doing exercises that aggravated it, but every few months just as it was almost healed something mundane would re-aggravate it. Took almost a year and a half before I was completely pain free. Incredible how long groin-area injuries take to heal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12