Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Carry Handle Fans Unite!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Hah! I was afraid you'd say "man-bag"
    My "man-bag" holds an FLC vest with five mag pouches and various sundry pouches. I've never found a rig I like better for light weight and ability to customize, but the Vickers VCAS sling gets snagged in it regularly. I'm in limbo: people tell me "ditch the FLC vest". I shout back, "I'd rather find a sling that doesn't snag in it." So I'm doomed to wander the desolate places for all eternity trying to unsnag my weapon from my vest.

Feedback Score
    I have 4 with "just" iron sights. Slick side 20 in", CAR 15, 6920 and a mid. of all fixed sights I prefer the a1 no knobs to move by accident, thin FSP... With that I like DD fixed sights but always out of stock when I want buy them. So I have many other brands.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    I'm a dinosaur and partial to the irons. When I bought a detachable rear sight mount for my Sport, I noticed it didn't seem as big as the fixed ones. This thread helped me recognize that it was because the lower part that mates to the rail takes up some space--well, duh...
    A bit of googling has turned up sight mounts that allow long eye-relief scopes to be mounted forward of the 'carry handle', low on the rifle. This enhances the utility of fixed sight receivers, IMO.
    A bit of history. The 'carrying handle' was originally intended to protect the original charging handle, which was like a trigger mounted on top of the receiver, as well as raise the sighting plane to a usable position in relation to the straight-line stock.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Like the fixed carry handle for nostalgic reasons; BUT my seeing eye dog complains that he doesn't like the irons. So I have a 1.5X TA-45 perched up top with a hole through the base so I can claim to still have irons in case anybody checks.

Another vote for the TA-33...
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    Deleted for repetition
    Last edited by shep854; 06-29-17 at 07:58.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234