Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compound Bow

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I'm going to second the local small shop recommendation. Find a bow guy who is a "bow guy" an expert that happens to sell. Box stores push product, small shops (good ones) are trying to earn lifetime customers, and they do.

They get you set up right, tuned, and help you get into the sport. Just find one you "click" with and trust.
    i shot the Bowtech a couple times and i really liked it. but i am trying trying some other brands...still looking for someone i trust that will introduce me to the sport.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Bows are very archer specific. What works great for me, might be terrible for you. I've owned most of the major brands, and have found that my Mathews Halon 6 is the bow I've shot the best.

Bow manufacturer arguments are a lot like Ford vs Chevy debates. (Chevy is better BTW)

Like others have said, try as many as possible. Make sure you are trying bows in the proper draw length for you. Stay away from big box retailers for your archery needs.
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzlebraker453 View Post
    i shot the Bowtech a couple times and i really liked it. but i am trying trying some other brands...still looking for someone i trust that will introduce me to the sport.
    I love shooting guns, but archery is my passion... I shoot in my basement about 3x per week. I've been shooting bow for over 20 years. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I'm not an expert or a pro, but I'll steer you best I know or defer you to better resouces.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I love shooting guns, but archery is my passion... I shoot in my basement about 3x per week. I've been shooting bow for over 20 years. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I'm not an expert or a pro, but I'll steer you best I know or defer you to better resouces.
    Same here, setup a range out back and one in the basement too. It looks like there are a few local archery shops to choose from in your state which is great. At least this time, getting setup with your first bow, check out the places that are archery only. If they are making a living just selling.bows and arrows they must have a loyal, dedicated following. BTW I never mentioned but I shoot both Matthews and Mission, but they work for me. Every bow is not for everybody. Ya just got to get sized correctly and then try them all until you find one that feels right to you.
    Last edited by City Rat; 06-05-17 at 20:41.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12