Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Port Data

Feedback Score

Gas Port Data

On a whim, I whipped up this form, for those of y'all that know the gas port of your barrels: https://goo.gl/forms/gxSiVMP0jITBxV2v1

It will auto-populate this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I will need to periodically clean up the formatting, but it should be usable even if I don't.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Surprised to see the Centurion results. I always assumed they were conservatively sized. Guess not.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You should add diameter of GB journal (0.750 vs 0.625).
    Last edited by scooter22; 06-01-17 at 20:05.

Feedback Score
    Cool idea. Especially the automated Form. Easy for contributors, easy to maintain.

On the other hand, my cynical side says "great...another chart to fight over"
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    The problem here is that identical barrels with the same gas port can be completely different shooters. While it's a good place to start, based on the year the barrel was produced can lend complete different port sizes. It's kind of a crap shoot without production dates and when those runs took place.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    If I may make a recommendation. In the field that states "what is the gas port size in inches", add something like "only enter a measurement from using pin gauges." I worry that people are using drill bits, bbq skewers or other shenanigans.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by P2000 View Post
    If I may make a recommendation. In the field that states "what is the gas port size in inches", add something like "only enter a measurement from using pin gauges." I worry that people are using drill bits, bbq skewers or other shenanigans.
    What's wrong with drill bits? Robert Soong of MicroMOA has stated that he has used both pin gauges and numbered drill bits to figure out gas port sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdubya View Post
    On the other hand, my cynical side says "great...another chart to fight over"
    How dare you speak ill of The Chart.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 06-02-17 at 00:31.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Numbered drill bits ok enough, but I'm worried about regular drill bits, one not fitting, the other loose, and the "measurer" splitting the difference. This is the internet we are talking about.

Feedback Score
    interesting to see the CA midlength so large... I thought it was mentioned in the past to be .076.

Feedback Score

Gas Port Data

Quote Originally Posted by P2000 View Post
    Numbered drill bits ok enough, but I'm worried about regular drill bits, one not fitting, the other loose, and the "measurer" splitting the difference. This is the internet we are talking about.

Per the OP... fantastic idea. I see this question numerous times, and it seems to be one that some manuf's don't like to publish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JC5188; 06-02-17 at 02:32.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast