Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Port Data

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Finally got confirmation from a Geissele employee that the USASOC URG-I 14.5 midlengths will be using 0.076" gas ports. There you have it, thats about as close to a "mil-spec" gas port size for a midlength as you're going to get. I guess companies like BCM who have been using that size for years had it right all along.

Feedback Score
    Good to hear. I definitely prefer that size for midlength 14.5/16 inch barrels. Hopefully just the barrels will be available at some point. I know DD is making these, but the ports on their brand barrels seem to be closer to the .080 range

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Finally got confirmation from a Geissele employee that the USASOC URG-I 14.5 midlengths will be using 0.076" gas ports. There you have it, thats about as close to a "mil-spec" gas port size for a midlength as you're going to get. I guess companies like BCM who have been using that size for years had it right all along.
    It depends on bore diameter, as well. For example, one of my 14.5" middy's I've owned measures 0.0735" and runs VERY well, can or not. It all depends on pressures, and bore dimensions affect this greatly. All the G-upper is, is a DD barrel with the G rail. It's going to have DD specs, and 0.076" is their spec for a 0.750 gas block journal 14.5" middy. No magic, here.
    Last edited by WS6; 04-15-18 at 09:43.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Very hot for a mid. I assume when you say carbine buffer, you mean the standard 2.9 oz and not an H buffer. I have probably said this a thousand times or so, but carbine buffers belong in the trash. I have yet to see one properly made carbine or mid upper that will not function with an H buffer.
    You feel the same in regards to the 300 BLK? I'm fairly certain the cartridge was designed to be used w/ the carbine.

Feedback Score
    Also, my Green Mountain Rifle 11.5" is spec'd at 0.080 - I bought it before I knew better.

Feedback Score
    Bump for exposure.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Good info in this thread. Thank you for organizing it and thank you to those that have helped populate it. I reference it frequently.

A set of pin gauges are cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/HFS-0-061-0-2...70_&dpSrc=srch

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by P2000 View Post
    Numbered drill bits ok enough, but I'm worried about regular drill bits, one not fitting, the other loose, and the "measurer" splitting the difference. This is the internet we are talking about.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    Generally speaking, gas ports are drilled with standard drill bit sizes, so the last one that fits, is more than likely the drill bit size that made that hole.

Oh, by the way, drill bit (in the gas port range) make holes with a tolerance, up to +.004", if you want any better than that you have to ream them then you can get +.001.
    Last edited by lysander; 08-06-18 at 12:05.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Hodge 12.5in barrel pinned at .062

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Hodge 12.5in barrel pinned at .062

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    How does in function?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast