Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My First AR

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Basscar38 View Post
    Most of my hunting is done from a tree stand. Any recommendations on a comp?
    BCE Battlecomp, lantac dragon 5.56.
    Dude. Don't go back there if the guy is trying to sell you a Noveske flaming pig on an 18" barrel. Those are made for SBR's.
    Also, Aimpoint PRO and you'll never have to worry about swapping optics. Go burris if you want a cheap entry level zoomed optic. I have one and it works fine, but i do not trust it for defense purposes.
    Last edited by Ostdarva; 06-02-17 at 19:23.

Feedback Score
    I appreciate all the input. It is helping clear up a lot of questions and confusion. I will look into the Aimpoint Pro and the comp. Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is it too late to return all of that junk? You could have just bought a Colt 6920 and an Aimpoint PRO with that budget.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostdarva View Post
    BCE Battlecomp, lantac dragon 5.56.
    Dude. Don't go back there if the guy is trying to sell you a Noveske flaming pig on an 18" barrel. Those are made for SBR's.
    Also, Aimpoint PRO and you'll never have to worry about swapping optics. Go burris if you want a cheap entry level zoomed optic. I have one and it works fine, but i do not trust it for defense purposes.

ALL OF THIS. There's the 3 port competition Miculek style stuff, but it'll make you deaf if you're hunting, because you probably won't be using hearing protection and that one shot will make your ears ring, because of the design.

I'd seriously look at a 1-4 optic(quality $130-up) and a decent mount Burris Peper, minimum. You can pick up used Nikons as well. Shop wisely.

Feedback Score
    I'm starting to see that now. Guess I'll have to do another build when this one's done

Feedback Score
    Any thoughts on the vortex optics. Was looking at Burris and they caught my eye too

Feedback Score
    I have a Nikon BDC on my 30-06 and love it

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Any thoughts on the vortex optics. Was looking at Burris and they caught my eye too
    That's my brand of choice. Good value as well.

Feedback Score
    If you're wanting magnification, then Vortex is a great way to go.
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Is it too late to return all of that junk? You could have just bought a Colt 6920 and an Aimpoint PRO with that budget.
    I was thinking the same.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast