Thread: APF Armory

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

APF Armory

So my unit is putting together a group buy for a post deployment commemorative rifle, this is an option on the table, http://www.apfarmory.com/apf-308-carbine/
    Anyone have any info on this company? I've never heard of them before, tried searching here didn't see anything about them. If anyone has any experience with the rifle please let me know.
    Last edited by kest_01; 06-01-17 at 23:56.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step...and a lot of bitching.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would definitely NOT trust the cheapest large frame 308's on a deployment. Atlas not before a serious round count on a pre-deployment training cycle.

The cheap large frames have a history of poor reliability with cycling and breaking parts like the bolt catch.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I would definitely NOT trust the cheapest large frame 308's on a deployment. Atlas not before a serious round count on a pre-deployment training cycle.

The cheap large frames have a history of poor reliability with cycling and breaking parts like the bolt catch.
    I assume he's talking about a rifle to commemorate the deployment, not take on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah my bad, I edited the first post to avoid confusion, not to take down range, like Wake27 said as a commemorative rifle. Anyway, they went rifle instead of pistol so that even our Soldiers under 21 could get one, and got talked into a .308 AR, and they had a specific budget.
    Last edited by kest_01; 06-01-17 at 23:59.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step...and a lot of bitching.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kest_01 View Post
    So my unit is putting together a group buy for a post deployment commemorative rifle, this is an option on the table, http://www.apfarmory.com/apf-308-carbine/
    Anyone have any info on this company? I've never heard of them before, tried searching here didn't see anything about them. If anyone has any experience with the rifle please let me know.
    There was a person that posted a review of one on another site. It was pretty accurate according to his range report. He picked his up cheaper than the price in the link. I think he got the lower from Aim and the upper from Gunbroker.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I haven't heard of the before but what I did note was that the are using a 1/10 SS barrel, which is good. It looks like the lower is forged with an enhanced trigger guard built in.
    Have you tried to contact the company to see if they force their own or are they forcing them? I think forging because I don't recognize the lower.
    Maybe contact the company and ask them if they've had anyone review their firearms. Not guaranteed 100% accuracy, but worth an attempt. Understanding it's a commemorative rice, but you still want it to function as designed.
    My 308 uses Aero lower and upper and shoots and cycles as good as any AR-15 I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams