Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Size Does Matter: Op Ed (Frank Plumb Article from Soldier Systems Daily)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well thought? IT'S 2017.... and he is talking about "energy transfer"?

Still worth the effort for some that may not know and get taken by the logical sound of it, "energy transfer" has never been proven to wound or kill. Bullets kill by damaging tissue. We can measure the amount of damage by shooting simulated tissue, ballistic gelatin. Larger calibers have the potential to do more damage, but bullet construction plays a huge role in the amount of damage done.

None of this is new.

7.62x51 ball is not magical.

Feedback Score
    Gents,

I wanted to let you guys know that I appreciate your input. Also I need to communicate that blog post is pulled right from my website. Eric has my permission to do take whatever whenever. I do have an agenda in selling product but these blog comments are not about direct to consumer sales. Also a good number of people the blog post is meant for do not have the backgrounds that frequent this site. Here is a another one. I don't think there are any illusions as to the 5W's https://www.handldefense.com/2017/06...fight-to-come/

I personally think that we are on the cusp of all new calibers. Call it a hunch.

Looking back, even though I have not seen anyone who has survived a 7.62x51 hit to the box. I shouldn't have been so binary in the comment.

Also when I discuss energy transfer it is a focused look at parts of terminal ballistics, projectile deformation, fragmentation, cavitation, over penetration, etc I figured I should explain it (next blog post oddly enough).

Feedback Score
    Just curious did everyone finally figure out I was talking about NGSW before NGSW was NGSW?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Nah we thought you were abducted by aliens after the Handl implosion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12