Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leupold Mark 4 or Nightforce NXS?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Leupold Mark 4 or Nightforce NXS?

Working on a MK12 Mod 1 build. Trying to decide between Leupold Mark 4 MR/T 2.5-8x36mm, Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 3.5-10x40mm or Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42mm.

Anyone have any experience with these? which has the better glass? Rifle will be used for target shooting less than 300 yards and hunting less than 200 yards.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Second Focal Plane NF NXS 2.5-10x will fit that role nicely

The glass is great for the price, 2nd focal plane is very important at the ranges you mentioned. Leupold is overpriced for what they're offering these days.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have many NF scopes, and for target shooting 2-300 yards. You might want to look at NF value line. SHV I think it is.
    $1,200 for a lot of features. I have one on my SPR and it has impressed me.

If your going NXS line, get the 3.5-15 X50. You will get better eye relief IMHO and more comfortable shooting.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have many NF scopes, and for target shooting 2-300 yards. You might want to look at NF value line. SHV I think it is.

If your going NXS line, get the 3.5-15 X50. You will get better eye relief IMHO and more comfortable shooting.

PB
    I too have the SHV F1 4-14x and it impresses me.

I wouldn't get any other optic for less unless it was $400~ going on a hunting rifle.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    personally and due to experience i don't think any scope can compare to the Nightforce NXS, it cover all bases from magnification to clarity to efficiency

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post

PB
    do this.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Appreciate the responses. I'll check out the SHV line and the NXS 3.15-15.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My favorite spr scope to date is the Leupold Mark 4 TS30 A2 2.5-8x36. If you are shooting the prescribed 77 gr ammo, it's almost too easy.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have a lot of time with the Leupold Mk4, limited time with a NF. The Leupold have been mainstays on military rifles for a good while now with other optics popping up. Nothing wrong with them. That said, I would get a NF. I dislike mismatched reticle/turrets, for one. I don't get indigestion with SFP vs FFP. But yeah, NF.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have both the Mk4 LRT and the NF NXS scopes and prefer the NF NXS scope over the Leupold by a long shot. I used both as hunting scope on my LMT MWS at typical hunting ranges out to 400 yards. At this point I may sell the Leupold scope since it is sitting in my safe. The leupold is a fine scope but when I consider size and weight and head to head features the NF scope beats it in my book.
    Last edited by Watrdawg; 06-07-17 at 08:17.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast