Thread: Unique Arsenal AK Verification Request....

Feedback Score

Unique Arsenal AK Verification Request....

Guys,
    A while back, I started an AK thread, back when I knew absolutely nothing about AK's, and many thanks to Templar, Thekatar, and others, I have now got the tools I need to make a much more informed decision.
    Anyhow, I wanted to ask about a certain milled Arsenal AK, which I think has an ACE? brand folding stock on it. (not sure if it came this way from Arsenal, OR if it was a user installed folding stock job????) Tim posted a pic of the rifle in question down on page 2 of this thread: (scroll down to the girl in the gunshop, standing at the counter, holding said weapon).

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=13256&page=2

Anyhow, If you scroll down to just under the girl holding the particular rifle in question, you will see the rather unique safety/selector lever that this rifle has. It's basically a Galil type THUMB selector lever, which is on the opposite side of the standard AK selector. Now I would like to know IF this is something that Arsenal ever installed, or IF this HAS GOT to be an aftermarket upgrade?
    IF SO, then HOW difficult is it to have a Galil style selector lever installed onto my milled Arsenal AK?
    Secondly, IS this a QUALITY upgrade, that works WELL, and I will enjoy? OR, are they somewhat problematic?? (I assume real IMI Galil parts would be the only real safe, reliable option for parts to use)???? OR, does someone similar to Krebs/etc make these upgraded selector lever parts that are readily available for NEW purchase???

The SECOND unique upgrade I wanted to ask about on this same rifle, is in regards to that grey-ish looking colored button that has been installed on that very same rifle (seen in one of the other pics).
    This button I refer to, is seen DIRECTLY BELOW the charging handle, smack dab in the middle of the magazine lightening cutout in the milled receiver, and just behind the magwell of the gun.
    WHAT is this button for? Does it have something to do with a "quick change" mag release?? (I have seen mention of some type of "quick change mag" upgrade or something like that before, but I cannot recall what it was, or how it worked... ???)
    Just thought I'd ask you guys what's up with these two unique features, both of which I have never seen on an Arsenal AK before. (and I've actually never seen that grey button before. Only the Galil type selector lever have I ever seen before)...
    Thanks guys....
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Above the first photo of the girl:

"Very few were built, but Arsenal sold a milled SA-M7 SF. They are out there, but less than 300 were built" (Templar)

The button on the receiver is the stock release, as in the retainer when it is folded.

Here is the current SBR version being offered by Arsenal, only 20 available.

http://arsenalinc.com/sam7sfk_sbr.htm#thumb

Feedback Score
    EDIT EDIT! Ok bro, I see you are CORRECT! Thanks for that link to the Arsenal site! I cannot believe they put a buttstock release button way up there, and thank you for correcting the record!

Also, yeah, I just re read and noticed the "SA M7 SF" reference, so I now see this is an SA M7 "SF" model.
    However, I did NOT know that the Galil style safety selector was something Arsenal did?? I have seen other "SF's" , and could have SWORN I didn't see EITHER of these features.
    I also THOUGHT that the stock release button was the ROUND button seen back at the joint where the stock is mounted to the receiver (where you typically see a folding stocks release button)..????
    So, are you telling me that not only is this Galil style safety selector an original factory feature, but that grey "stock release button" is ALSO an OEM factory feature as well???
    I had NO IDEA in the world, that the STOCK RELEASE button was located WAY UP there near the magwell?????
    Sheesh. Well what in the world is that round button back there at the stock which usually unlocks the stock??????
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The Debbil nailed it.

That was a factory rifle, a semi auto version of a current issue rifle in Bulgaria.

The selector was copied from the Galil, and was factory installed.

The button up front retains the stock when folded.

Model was the SA-M7 SF.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Cool,
    I gotcha guys. I NEVER even noticed those things before.
    So, are you guys telling me that the current SBR'd version on Arsenal's website is actually CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR SALE NOW guys???
    If so, then HOW much???
    I was under the impression that rifle was still not available, and people were still eagerly awaiting it.
    I have not seen them listed for sale anywhere. ???

One more thing,
    What's up with that part #9 in the blue sheet diagram?? It's labled as "Bulgarian special forces rear sight" in the description way up above. I mean, isn't there ALSO a REGULAR AK rear sight on this rifle???
    IF I am seeing things correctly, there are TWO rear sights on this gun???

I have seen that "humped up" rear sight (#9 in diagram) before on other guns, and I always wondered if it was removeable???
    Thanks so much for clearing things up for me gents..

The "Debbil" ??? I like that!
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    That little SBR runs $2700 from the ONE dealer who got all 20 of them...

I've seen a lot of the SA M7 SFs for sale recently. Some as low as $1200, others for more than $2000!

Spooky

Feedback Score
    WAY overpriced. Thanks guys.
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"