Thread: Opinions/ Suggestions on my article about Rifle threat rated body armor?

Feedback Score

Opinions/ Suggestions on my article about Rifle threat rated body armor?

So I remember... over a year ago I made a post here about Ceramic and steel body armor.
    Comparing and contrasting the two different types of armor as well as citing pros and cons of each.
    In the past year I have learned more and I hope to improve upon that.

Now I have a new version... a longer version of which I hope can serve as a guide to first time armor buyers and give detailed information for those who care.
    It is quite long, but it is in depth and covers most of the basics that should matter to the average user.

Any suggestions are appreciated, I am looking to publish this, this is a FIRST DRAFT.
    There's so many misconceptions and so much false information when it comes to armor, I really hope to help people make better choices when purchasing armor.
    So... if there's anything I got wrong in there, let me know.
    I've cited sources where due, most other is just basic physics.

Thank you:

(Anyone with this link can view the document without a google account)
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Wooohah; 08-21-17 at 04:03.
    A Student once said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war."

Gear, or rifles are only as good as the user. Even if a rifle is true to an inch at a mile, even if gear is as light as a feather, yet as durable as leather, it is limited by its user. Invest in training.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Thank you for all your work. Is there another format/platform you use that doesn't entail owning/using a Google account?

Feedback Score
    Not a problem, I enjoy helping people on this subject.

I've edited the docs so now anyone with the link can view it, without a google account.
    I apologize, I am a bit new to docs, a friend suggested I upload it there, I didn't know I would have to give access to everyone.
    A Student once said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war."

Gear, or rifles are only as good as the user. Even if a rifle is true to an inch at a mile, even if gear is as light as a feather, yet as durable as leather, it is limited by its user. Invest in training.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Very good write up. Should be sticky-ed. Hope you either continue updating with versions 1.1, 1.2 etc. Would be a very helpful document and reference for new buyers.

Feedback Score
    FWIW, UHMWPE tends to do fine against M193, while steel tends to do fine against M855. I think it might be worthwhile to put in a blurb about how one should note the velocity/barrel length/distance of third party testing in the con section of steel, to explain how some steel plates will claim protection against M193, because they tested with a shorter barrel and/or further distance.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/