Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Helmet pads

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I was a little shocked at the shipping too but I ordered Monday morning and got it Tuesday. And only did 2nd day not overnight. Their customer support over the phone was phenomenal though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rfairman View Post
    I was a little shocked at the shipping too but I ordered Monday morning and got it Tuesday. And only did 2nd day not overnight. Their customer support over the phone was phenomenal though

I just thought about it and it looks like it's going to be two day delivery. That explains the amount. But it said regular FedEx when I checked out. Odd

I guess I feel a tad better but I didn't really need two day. I would have rather paid $8 for priority and gotten it in three.

Oh well. If they are that amazing I'll get over it. My helmet experience dropped dramatically after hanging two 14's off the front of it. Lol

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Hahaha I really do like them. I'm not running NV yet but I will be in it all weekend so I'll have a better idea. But just from wearing it last night they are awesome. I also found out I really didn't need the deluxe retrofit kit but that's ok now I have lots of options lol. Between the pads that came with the opscore lux liner and the extras from the 4D kit I could play with it for weeks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've got a set of 4D Zero G pads in my personal side-cut MICH; way more comfortable than my issued Ops-Core. They were slightly life-changing for me.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    I got them. I put in as few as I could to help with the Heat.

First, they are way more comfortable than the stock "pads".....and I use the term pads loosely in describing those abortions.

However, they don't amaze me as much as I was expecting. I don't necessarily think it's the pads fault though as far as comfort in and of itself. My melon is huge and I wear a XL lid. The pads, despite advertised as not doing so, definitely make for less room in the helmet.

So everything is tight. It feels like I'm wearing a large again. It's actually pretty tight. Although after a couple of minutes the pads squish a little and it gets a tad better. Tonight we will see how long I can wear it.

It's not terrible, and obviously not a knock against the pads comfort.

One more thing, and I'm certainly not trying to stir the pot but even if they were perfect I personally feel $127 (total with shipping) is simply too much.

It wouldn't look as polished but I almost feel like I could half ass together something similar with gel shoe inserts for a sixth of the price.

Again not knocking tnvc. Just my thoughts.
    Last edited by NothingClever; 06-08-17 at 17:27.

Feedback Score
    Ok, I just couldn't give up on this, I knew the potential was there was the these pads. First, and I'm it trying to be contrarian, but these pads certainly do make for less room in your helmet. I saw a thread here by tnvc saying they don't.

But, I will say I think it will be different person to person. My reasoning (and maybe someone can point out the flaw), my melon is so big that it just fits into my XL helmet. So there wasn't a lot of extra room in there. These pads are so cushiony that they put the squeeze on my head. If someone who needed an XL but was on the small side of XL the pads wouldn't have as much of an impact because there would be more room to start with.

So some of you may very well not notice that bug if a difference in fitment as some others.

Now that that's out of the way what I did was disassemble the front part of the helmet. It's mostly Velcro. I had to take out the front two screws that's held the chin strap. After that I took out the really hard styrophome (sp?) on the front and just velcroed the new front 4D pad to the suspension system and front shell of the helmet. Solid as concrete. Then I stuffed more pads all around the helmet (not all of them, you get a ton) and it worked.

Now it's at 10 on the comfort level. I just spent the last half an hour fiddling and learning where the controls are (just went from a 7 to dual 14's) and I totally forgot I even had a helmet on. Simply amazing. I still think $127 is a bit high but at this point I'm going to recommend them to everyone. They are just too damn comfortable not to. I just hope the glue on my Velcro doesn't heat up and slide or come off in the desert heat.
    IMG_0027.jpg
    Last edited by NothingClever; 06-10-17 at 00:27.

Feedback Score
    I ended up ordering two kits on ebay from 4D. I made a best offer and picked up two of the kits for less than the one kit through TNVC. They are definitely comfortable.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That's awesome! I checked there first but couldn't find any

Feedback Score
    I searched 4D pads and found a 4D Tactical ACH retrofit kit and a 4D Tactical OPS Core Retrofit kit

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rfairman View Post
    They should I just ordered the 4D pads and an ops core lux liner from TNVC going to do some Frankensteining and see what happens

I've been through the factory ops core pads, the lux liner, and the 4d pads. 4d pads win hands down.

I did however keep the worm dial from my lux liner and combined it with the 4d pads.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast