Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Trijicon's new RMR Type 2's are comings

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I am too, but those are both things that cause issues with holster compatibility. And while I haven't had mine long enough to really comment on battery life, top mount vs battery mount can almost be irrelevant based on battery life.
    I don't agree. If you have to replace the battery once a year it's a pita to have to re-mount it annually. I'm not even talking about having to zero again, which is annoying by itself. The simple fact is that those tiny hex screws aren't made for regular mounting/removal. Want to have a *great* evening? Trying to remove a tiny stripped hex screw from an optic mount.

Having an accessible battery compartment without having to remove the optic is superior in every circumstance. See: aimpoint, Leupold, nightforce, vortex and pretty much every other illuminated optic mfr out there

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianajonze View Post
    I don't agree. If you have to replace the battery once a year it's a pita to have to re-mount it annually. I'm not even talking about having to zero again, which is annoying by itself. The simple fact is that those tiny hex screws aren't made for regular mounting/removal. Want to have a *great* evening? Trying to remove a tiny stripped hex screw from an optic mount.

Having an accessible battery compartment without having to remove the optic is superior in every circumstance. See: aimpoint, Leupold, nightforce, vortex and pretty much every other illuminated optic mfr out there

FWIW the new RMRs use torx screws.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    Really? Actually...that's a huge improvement

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianajonze View Post

Not sure if pulling an optic by removing 2 screws is as dramatic as you make it sound, but I do agree that it's not ideal. It does however lend itself to a slimmer housing than the units with too accessible batteries. As for damaging the screws during battery swaps - McMaster Carr is your friend. Buy a box of 50 little torix screws and you've solved the problem. Would love to see the gasket available for purchase fur next years battery swap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    FWIW the new RMRs use torx screws.
    The Spuhr RMR plate came with torx screws and that's what I used on mine mounted on the Spuhr mount.

Feedback Score
    Available yet?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Aaron Cowan has a review of it.

98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Loctite 271 on screw for an RMR?

Fail.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My first gen had several issues mounted on my C.O.R.E. due to poor battery contact. Looks like they beefed up contact points.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345