Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon's new RMR Type 2's are comings

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianajonze View Post
    so what is actually new about these type 2 models? looks shockingly similar to the current version. i would think they'd make the battery compartment accessible while the optic is mounted, but that doesn't look to be the case
    The same housing is used, so you won't see an external difference. The largest thing I noticed was a difference in tint when viewed through the optic, it is a bit different than the original version.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    For the guys that have the RMR's. do they loose zero when you have to replace the battery?

I have looked at them but having to remove the optic to replace the battery was a no go. I just don't know how big of a deal it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    For the guys that have the RMR's. do they loose zero when you have to replace the battery?

I have looked at them but having to remove the optic to replace the battery was a no go. I just don't know how big of a deal it is.

It's usually a couple clicks for me at 25yds. Nothing earth shattering. I thought It would be worse, actually.

I do it once a year.

While I'd love for my top-battery DP Pro's to be a viable carry alternative, the illumination adjustment and battery life relegate them to non-carry/primary guns.

Waiting for the long battery life, top battery, bright, large window optic to present itself.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    It's usually a couple clicks for me at 25yds. Nothing earth shattering. I thought It would be worse, actually.

I do it once a year.

While I'd love for my top-battery DP Pro's to be a viable carry alternative, the illumination adjustment and battery life relegate them to non-carry/primary guns.

Waiting for the long battery life, top battery, bright, large window optic to present itself.

Have you found the DPP battery life to be short even with the sleep mode/motion censor on feature?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Yes. It only sleeps when at rest for 5 minutes.

On a carry gun it will be on nearly all the time unless you're sedentary.

For whatever reason the technology of the DP Pro does not offer the same battery life of an always-on RMR.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    Yes. It only sleeps when at rest for 5 minutes.

On a carry gun it will be on nearly all the time unless you're sedentary.

For whatever reason the technology of the DP Pro does not offer the same battery life of an always-on RMR.

How many hours are you getting out of a new battery?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Less than a year on rifles and PCCs that spend the majority of their time sitting still in a safe.

A member of another forum has several DP Pros and measures his battery life in weeks on a pistol with heavy use/carry. Like 6-7 weeks.

We are getting way off topic though - back to the RMR V2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post

The first time I did it the POI change was dramatic. Pulled the RMR off the next day (took more tools to the range) to see what was up. Had a loctite booger stuck under the housing the the thing was cockeyed. Cleaned off the bottom of the RMR thoroughly along with the plate. Then used a torque wrench to mount. 10 in-lbs I think. Repeated the process 5x with 2 - 3 clicks of wind age correction.

It's not fool proof and I'd love to not need to do it, but given how it's done well for me, a once a year rezero isn't such a sacrifice. Heck it may even be good practice

Feedback Score
    According to someone who is allegedly the lead engineer on the RMR Gen2 project:

• The electronics are confirmed to be fully potted
    • 30 optics with 30k cycles on a 1911, none with any issues
    • The lens and coating remain the same
    • The battery save function that kicks the device to auto mode (not auto-off, just auto-brightness) resets the 16.5 hour timer with any button push, and cannot be disabled; due to the use of this feature, you should get at least 2 years of battery life under any kind of reasonable use
    • Switching the shipped screws from hex to Torx
    • The new RMR electronics are not backwards compatible with the old housing, due to changes to the inner housing pocket
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 06-20-17 at 01:07.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Have the clicks on the elev and wind adjustment gotten any better? I find them to have almost no feel. Very difficult to count.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast