Thread: Form 1 on a Trust - to submit or not

Feedback Score

Form 1 on a Trust - to submit or not

Hey guys, looking for feedback on my situation.

Just picked up a blem Sionics to SBR on a Form 1 under my trust. The wrinkle is that my wife and I are planning to buy a home in the next 12 months. Given the processing time currently, which I am estimating at anywhere from 6-12 months would you initiate the process knowing that the location would change on the form 1 between the submission and approval date?

What would be the protocol for a change in location during the approval process? Was planning on sending out for engraving when the lower arrived, but didn't want to have an issue down the road.

I'll definitely be giving the ATF a call, but wanted to know if anyone has been in a similar situation and what the outcome was.

Feedback Score
    If your plan is a firm one to buy a home in the next 12 months I would be patient and wait for the 41f glut to be processed and see if the times go back to normal. Otherwise be patient and wait, even though you can change the address on your Form after submission, it seems more like a pain to deal with. Now the inpatient side of me says who cares submit and hope for the best��

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The move will have zero effect on anything. Simply update the NFA branch post move. Might as well get in line and submit the form as soon as possible.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    +1 I'm in the same situation and I'm not waiting on my own accord - enough wait time already built into the process.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    The move will have zero effect on anything. Simply update the NFA branch post move. Might as well get in line and submit the form as soon as possible.
    B.A.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Don't get it engraved.

Submit F1, Move, Call with update, engrave, receive stamp at new address.

Feedback Score
    Thanks all, the impatient side of me is winning out so I'm going to go ahead and submit the form 1 and update as needed. Besides - I'll have plenty of time to be patient while I'm waiting for the NFA Branch to get around to approving my form.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glass04 View Post
    I'll have plenty of time to be patient while I'm waiting for the NFA Branch to get around to approving my form.
    You got that right... hell you'll be able to have some long term memory loss and still not miss anything. Just do it with the idea that you will probably be able to start the new year off with an NFA item in Feb.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I just went thru the same thing.
    are you moving to a different state? If not, you can have the ATF mail your stamp to your new address. The ATF will mail it to your trust address, if you moved, it will get returned to the ATF. Then you will get in touch with the ATF and email them your new address. 5320.2 is optional if the move is same state.

Scott

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by A5scott View Post
    I just went thru the same thing.
    are you moving to a different state? If not, you can have the ATF mail your stamp to your new address. The ATF will mail it to your trust address, if you moved, it will get returned to the ATF. Then you will get in touch with the ATF and email them your new address. 5320.2 is optional if the move is same state.

Scott
    Staying in the same state. That also brings up another good point - I will need to amend my trust docs with the new info as well. Timeframe is approximate, looking at buying pre-existing or buying a lot and building something. Either way we are a little ways out from the transaction. If it goes as planned I may end up with a little home range as well