Thread: PVS 30 on Magpul Rem 700

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

PVS 30 on Magpul Rem 700

Are there any good solutions for mounting a Pvs30 in front of a scope on a Remington 700 with the magpul hunter stock?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotTheNSA View Post
    Are there any good solutions for mounting a Pvs30 in front of a scope on a Remington 700 with the magpul hunter stock?
    While the hunter stock is a good value, it is far from a true precision rifle stock. You're going to be hard pressed to find a solution to mount that expensive PVS30 to a flimsy plastic stock. The good news is that if you can afford a PVS30, odds are you can also afford one of the many excellent chassis systems available for the Remington 700. A few to look at are the AI AX, Whiskey 3, or if you don't dig chassis systems you can look at McMillan or Manners stocks and have a rail fitted to the fore end that will bridge the barrel. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    A valid recommendation to upgrade the stock and probably will eventually. But wanted to make sure there wasn't something I could use in the interim.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Actually, it's not a flimsy plastic stock. It's got a significant aluminum bedding block that also extends past the grip into the buttstock area to transmit recoil with less flex, and a Hunter stock will shoot as well as just about any $1000 chassis. Frank Galli proved that with a GAP rifle A/B test, and that was one of the parameters in development. I just finished a .300WM on a Stiller action in a Hunter stock for an Elk hunt this fall that shoots under 1/2 MOA. You'll also find that it's as rigid as more conventionally constructed rifle stocks.

But...I will agree that it is not intended to work with a stock mounted night vision mount. We have built one-off mounts to allow that capability, but it's not ideal. If you have an action in the stock with an integrated rail on the receiver or a very securely attached one (#6 screws are not the way to go-more Like PTG/Stiller with pins and screws), you can use something like the Spuhr A700, but that's a pretty pricey way to go.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.