Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: M16 registered receiver repair service recommendations sought...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wonder if they might agree to have the receiver sent to an uninterested third party, such as a Class 3 dealer. Perhaps even the original broker?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I wonder if they might agree to have the receiver sent to an uninterested third party, such as a Class 3 dealer. Perhaps even the original broker?
    That's part of the problem. The seller and the so called third party NFA dealer/broker are best buds. In fact, the address for Mr. X on the form 4 and the business address for the NFA dealer Mr. Y are the same. Very strange. Mr. X lives in the shop? They're room mates? Keep in mind these two people have the same freaking address and Mr. Y (NFA dealer) claims to be innocent in the scam & didn't know & hadn't seen the gun (claims to have just taken the serial # off the box, at the least, extremely unprofessional) & there were early discrepancies with the serial # that resulted in significant delays, the whole thing reeks of willful criminal fraud bait & switch. There is no way in hell that I am sending the gun back till I get my money back. Other than that, see you in court says I.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What did your lawyer advise you do?
    RLTW
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You know what really pisses me off is that this gun was purchased with money from a Uniformed Services Employment Re-employment Rights Act Federal law suit when my civilian employer illegally fired me while I was in basic when I joined the National Guard. So, now I've been double and triple ****ed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker6 View Post
    What did your lawyer advise you do?
    Don't know yet. I just called and asked for a referral yesterday.

TED

Feedback Score
    Ted, would I be correct to assume that you've made Mr. Bowers fully aware of the situation? I'd think that he doesn't want scammers on his forum.

Given that the 3rd party dealer and seller have the same address, it appears to me like the 3rd party was willfully used in the scam to give the seller plausible deniability.

As for a lawyer, be careful with them. They make money off of billable hours. Some are very happy to drag things out simply to pad their own pockets. Personally, I'd hire a lawyer in the state where they reside and have him immediately sue both parties. I wouldn't have him screw around with begging and negotiating. Once sued, the scammers will likely want to resolve the issue. Your lawyer can then work up an agreement where they send the money to an escrow service, you return the rifle, and then the escrow service pays you. Good luck, don't let the process beat you down, and (most of all) don't let the scammers be successful by keeping the rifle.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Exactly how would you do that since it would be considered a transfer?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Exactly how would you do that since it would be considered a transfer?
    Great question. How would you do that? I imagine the ATF NFA Branch isn't getting involved in the fraud aspect of this, because an actual serial numbered receiver was exchanged, but they would have to be involved with the transfer back.

Wouldn't that act as a measure of a safeguard against fraud in the refund aspect of this?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any news on this situation?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any news on this situation?
    After speaking with lawyers and Federal law enforcement and what I believe to have been some back channel reasoning and explaining possible outcomes (I have no evidence or personal knowledge of this just my suspicion based on timing of conversations and responses as well as tone changes in communication), we are currently at a "check is in the mail". USPS.com tracking says it should be here tommorow.

TED

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast