Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DD Mk12 upper vs Centurion Arms Mk12 upper

Feedback Score

DD Mk12 upper vs Centurion Arms Mk12 upper

I sold my 308 and that leaves me without a precision minded rifle. I was looking to possibly pick up either a Centurion or DD Mk12 upper for at least some semblance of a precision rifle. I am looking to hear experience out of either with the pros and cons of each of possible. Thanks ahead of time for any advice.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Both are great choices...
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have hands on experience with the DD and would highly recommend it. One other rifle you might want to consider on your list is the Knights Armament SPR. When I looked for an SPR a year ago, I ended up buying the Knights and am very happy with it. It is a bit more expensive, but has great balance, some nice features and seems really well made. You get most of the benefits when you buy just the upper, but make sure you are putting it on a lower with a good trigger.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you don't want the 12" quad rail that the mk12 has a DDM4V11PRO might be another option, if your just looking at complete uppers the v11pro and mk12 are pretty much the same except the pro has a 15" keymod handgaurd and a muzzel brake instead of a flash hider.

Here is mine
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a Centurion Arms DMR upper, which consists of a VLTOR VIS III along with their SPR barrel. It is very accurate and makes hits out to 500 yards+ easy. IMG_4045.jpg

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the comments. I already have an M4V5 that I have some enhancements to regarding the lower. Currently running a VLTOR A5 receiver extension as well as a Geiselle SD-E in regards to trigger. So for the time being this is the lower it will be mated to. Is it safe to say that with the Knights LPR, DD and Centurion uppers will be comparable in performance out to roughly 500?
    Last edited by TylerD; 06-07-17 at 20:38.

Feedback Score
    The LPR comes with a Kreiger barrel, enhanced bolt, and their gas system.. You're not just paying more for the Knights name.

I have some very good shooting button rifled barrels. I've owned some good hammer forged barrels. None of them have shot as many different loads as well as the Kreiger I have.

If money wasn't an issue and I wanted a factory built upper, I'd buy the Knights. Personally I'd rather build my own.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    If you want a correct MK12 Crane spec barrel, the Centurion is it. Monty Leclair of Centurion (to my knowledge) is the only public source for true Mk12 Douglas barrels built to Crane specs. That is what I would choose..
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 06-08-17 at 12:14.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    If you want a correct MK12 Crane spec barrel, the Centurion is it. Monty Leclair of Centurion (to my knowledge) is the only public source for true Mk12 Douglas barrels built to Crane specs. That is what I would choose..
    High Caliber Sales sells the same spec barrel. This is my Mod Holland 16" variant.

Last edited by tmanker; 06-08-17 at 19:35.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tmanker View Post
    High Caliber Sales sells the same spec barrel. This is my Mod Holland 16" variant.

Nice. Glad someone else was finally able to source the correct barrel. Good looking stick.
    Philippians 4:13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast