Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DD Mk12 upper vs Centurion Arms Mk12 upper

Feedback Score
    It seems like the common answer here is the Centurion barreled upper. I guess I will start getting my funds together with that upper. Now I just have to decide on Keymod or M-Lok. Thanks for all the help!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Nice. Glad someone else was finally able to source the correct barrel. Good looking stick.
    Thank you. HCS was great to work with.

Feedback Score
    Can anyone in the know explain what makes the "crane spec" barrel different than one of Douglas' premium barrels? Is it a different grade steel, rifling style, or what? I just can't see paying as much for a button rifled barrel as a cut rifled. Granted, until I understand the difference I'm ignorant, but "crane spec" seems to be a bit of marketing hype.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Exterior profile and chamber.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a factory Daniel Mk12 and have been nothing but impressed thus far. The rifle HAMMERS hornady .223 75gr superformance as well as .5moa at times. I've gotten my own 75gr loads to hover .75-1" which is more than acceptable for what the SPR was intended for. I love the 12" DD rail. Fantastic piece of kit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    Can anyone in the know explain what makes the "crane spec" barrel different than one of Douglas' premium barrels? Is it a different grade steel, rifling style, or what? I just can't see paying as much for a button rifled barrel as a cut rifled. Granted, until I understand the difference I'm ignorant, but "crane spec" seems to be a bit of marketing hype.
    As I understand it, Centurion Mk-12 barrels are the same exact barrel sourced by Crane for mil use. The same barrel, made on the same machines, by the same people to the same spec. Centurion is the only civilian source for this exact barrel.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Monty stated these chambers are specifically designed to use with mk262. From my own experience the Centurion 16" recce barrel generates 100FPS faster that my PRI 5.56 chambered douglas in about all rounds I bothered to chrono in both rifles (BH 5.56 77gr SMK, XM193).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tmanker View Post
    High Caliber Sales sells the same spec barrel. This is my Mod Holland 16" variant.

And so does Compass Lake Engineering. I have two of their MK12 barrels.

Dan
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I mean, isn't all about whether you really want a Mk12 clone, or you want a rifle of your design? If you want a Mk12 clone, then you need a PRI or a KAC rail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12