Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scope swapping and zero

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    I agree with this, BUT - the QRP2 mount that comes with the Aimpoint PRO is, in my personal experience, junk. They often don't stay tight, and may self-loosen enough to even fall off, of course at a bad time. Since the intended use of the mount (rotate til you hear 3 clicks) is idiot proof, I know it wasn't my technique causing this.

Using any quality lever-lock mount (ADM, Larue, Bobro, GGG) or using a properly made screw-tighten mount you should be able to get good repeatability, at least within what you expect of a 6940 and a red dot. I've had very good luck in semi-precision use with ADM mounts - zero, go home, get antsy and take the scope/mount off the rail, put it back on a month later, confirm zero and find it's still right on.

For quality mounts, basically buy American and it should be OK. Avoid Chinese and mystery origin mounts.
    Never had a problem with the Aimpoint mount loosening after several thousand rounds. Also it's pretty easy to turn the screw 1 click every so often though I seldom have.
    Last edited by P2Vaircrewman; 06-29-17 at 11:55.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12