Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What's the story behind these Colt 9mm receiver sets?

Feedback Score
    the one i purchased from Brownells had the flash hider installed.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtough25 View Post
    I am sure it's, I will be getting one asap for sure. Also I can say that the trigger breaks very cleanly on this one, can't wait to shoot it!

Edit: Ordered one, $27 with free shipping so add that to my total build cost.
    Your thumbs will thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stascom View Post
    That's a pretty skinny barrel for 9mm. I like.
    That’s what my 9mm Colt bbl looked like too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Yep, that's the normal factory Colt 9mm barrel. The wall is pretty thin, but you're typically not shooting far with 9mm anyway.

Feedback Score
    I was looking at GunBroker and found a rifle that looks exactly like mine.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/785441778
    Is there any way to tell if the rifle was factory assembled? The seller is kind of vague.

Feedback Score
    I've got an actual Colt; got it many years ago, and stumbled on to it by sheer dumb luck; a buddy got a second one from the same shop. I believe MSRP these days for the flatop (mine has A1 sights) is $1100, but they seem to be made of unobtanium.
    The lower has the usual Colt markings; prancing pony and Colt, AR-15, 9mm carbine, Colt defense on the left, and the 'restricted' stuff on the right. Carry handle has the Colt C.
    Bret, your post was from September, so this will likely not be of help.
    Moon
    ETA- since the thread is old, any word on the receiver sets? Where were they sourced? A buddy has been after a 9mm.
    M
    Last edited by halfmoonclip; 12-16-18 at 13:49.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567