Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the story behind these Colt 9mm receiver sets?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Could these upper and lower sets be made into an AR9 pistol?

Feedback Score
    If by AR9 you mean a 9mm chambered AR15 pistol, then absolutely. From what I've seen, AR9's have different lower receivers than these that have smaller magazine well openings for the 9mm magazines. These receivers use a magazine block instead to fill in the excess space in the AR15 magazine well. It's pretty much two different ways to do the same thing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I ordered a set yesterday. I found all the door parts on Brownells.

What bolt does this take, ramped or non-ramped?

Feedback Score
    The Colt bolt is unramped, so I just ordered a Colt bolt from Brownells not knowing if a ramped bolt would work. I think that it has a 9mm specific hammer.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    The Colt bolt is unramped, so I just ordered a Colt bolt from Brownells not knowing if a ramped bolt would work. I think that it has a 9mm specific hammer.
    Ramped will work on Colt and Glock mags. Colt's un ramped will work only with Colt type mags.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Thanks usmcvet. Now I know. I received the Colt port door from Brownells and a notice that my Colt bolt shipped. Just a few more days and I can put this baby together.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks usmcvet. Now I know. I received the Colt port door from Brownells and a notice that my Colt bolt shipped. Just a few more days and I can put this baby together.
    About time! I'm ready to see this beast.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You need to use a standard AR-15 hammer that is not notched or a 9mm hammer with an unramped bolt.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Bret, its been 2 months. Give us something!

Feedback Score
    Sorry, the build is on my agenda. I do have all the parts and I bought a tool from Brownells to torque the barrel. I'll definitely post pictures when I'm done. I just need to take a day off and do it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast