Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What's the story behind these Colt 9mm receiver sets?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Did your 6951 barrel assemblies come with flash hiders? The one I purchased from Brownells and the one a friend purchased from G&R didn't, though the pictures showed it and the descriptions said that it was. Brownells has since removed the picture and description. Bownells and G&R both shipped the flash hiders to us separately after we called and let the know that they were missing.
    That's good customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    I finally finished my build tonight. Here it is in all it's glory. Full Colt except for the charging handle, stock Magpul stock set and magazine.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Very cool. What was the total build cost?
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    $914.71 including the transfer. Realistically, I could have built a 9mm for $100 less, but it wouldn't have had all Colt parts. Realistically, I also could have purchased a factory built (non-Tiger Striped) Colt for a bit more, but where's the fun in that?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    $914.71 including the transfer. Realistically, I could have built a 9mm for $100 less, but it wouldn't have had all Colt parts. Realistically, I also could have purchased a factory built (non-Tiger Striped) Colt for a bit more, but where's the fun in that?
    It's a very cool gun and that's a good price.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Did your 6951 barrel assemblies come with flash hiders? The one I purchased from Brownells and the one a friend purchased from G&R didn't, though the pictures showed it and the descriptions said that it was. Brownells has since removed the picture and description. Bownells and G&R both shipped the flash hiders to us separately after we called and let the know that they were missing.
    My barrel from G&R came with the flash hider installed, got lucky I guess! Receivers will be here today I am PUMPED!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'm ending up right under $750 looks like, all Colt minus the BCG and ejection port kit. I got a CMMG BCG and door kit as I wanted a ramped bolt so I could use other lowers if need be, doubtful but wanted the option. I have a Colt stock and M4 hand guard set laying around so saved there. And a Colt carry handle rear sight, although I may slap a spare reddot and matech buis on it first for fun. That figure is not counting mags either, I snagged $150 worth probably, yikes!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Got mine put together last night, hopefully I can get out of work early enough to dial in the red dot and buis tonight before it gets dark. Quick observations are that it feels just like my 5.56 ar and that was one of my biggest reasons for going with this and not a different pistol caliber carbine. Second is that these magazines are a bit rough to load, I found that pressing the round into the magazine with the palm of my hand worked best, guess I need to finally buy an Uplula lol.
    Last edited by Fordtough25; 11-15-17 at 06:15.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtough25 View Post

Got mine put together last night, hopefully I can get out of work early enough to dial in the red dot and buis tonight before it gets dark. Quick observations are that it feels just like my 5.56 ar and that was one of my biggest reasons for going with this and not a different pistol caliber carbine. Second is that these magazines are a bit rough to load, I found that pressing the round into the magazine with the palm of my hand worked best, guess I need to finally buy an Uplula lol.
    This is what got me to buy my first Uplula! It's well worth it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    This is what got me to buy my first Uplula! It's well worth it.

I am sure it's, I will be getting one asap for sure. Also I can say that the trigger breaks very cleanly on this one, can't wait to shoot it!

Edit: Ordered one, $27 with free shipping so add that to my total build cost.
    Last edited by Fordtough25; 11-15-17 at 07:58.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast