Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the story behind these Colt 9mm receiver sets?

Feedback Score

What's the story behind these Colt 9mm receiver sets?

I came across a Colt 9mm receiver set on armsunlimited.com.
    https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-9...p/lr9mm-ve.htm
    It has their Vietnam Tiger Stripe camo and appears to have all the lower internals including the magazine block. I know Colt made a 6920 in the Vietnam Tiger Stripe, but I don't remember them selling a 9mm. Any idea what the story is behind these? I called and the lady I spoke with said that they came from Colt as pictured inside a manila envelope.

Feedback Score
    Since nobody seems to know, I ordered one. I'll post up pictures when it arrives.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That vendor seems to come up with all sorts of Colt stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I saw the email and thought it was very interesting. Wonder if you could cerakote over it and it look nice? The price is definitely right.

Feedback Score
    I'd rather fine a Colt Vietnam tiger stripe stock set to complete the build and put it next to my Vietnam tiger stripe 6920. Colt making these seems odd. Why do they exist if Colt never sold the Vietnam tiger stripe rifle in 9mm? One difference I can see in the set pictured on the website is that the upper and lower receivers are not really matched. On my 6920, you can tell the upper and lower were finished as a set because the camo pattern is continuous from one to the other. The upper and lower handguards on my 6920 do not have a continuous camo pattern because they were finished separately. What I'd really like to know is who supplied the camo pattern for these.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Bret has yours shipped yet? Interested in seeing pics when the set arrives.

Feedback Score
    It shipped the day that I ordered it. I think it's supposed to arrive at my dealer on Friday. Hopefully I'll be able to get it this weekend. I'll definitely post pictures.

Feedback Score
    Are you sure that is a Colt upper? The ejection port looks like a standard 5.56 size, and there is no dust cover or brass deflector.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    As far as I know, the Colt 9mm upper receivers are just like A1 uppers without the forward assist, but with the top rail instead of the carry handle. That's what that looks like. Hopefully getting the brass deflector and half dust cover won't be a big deal. I'll definitely report back my findings. My dealer went out of town, so it will be a few more days before I get my paws on it.

Feedback Score
    I still have not been able to get my receiver set because my dealer is out of town. However, the Matrix Magpul Vietnam tiger stripe stock set that I ordered came in. The camo pattern is a dead ringer for the pattern on my Colt 6920, so it should match the pattern on these receiver sets. Just wanted to let anyone know who might want to get this and stick with the Vietnam tiger stripe camo.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast