Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the story behind these Colt 9mm receiver sets?

Feedback Score

I need the six parts numbered in the upper left diagram. I've identified all of them except (14). I don't know what it's called or what the Colt part number is. Does anyone know?

Feedback Score
    I still need help with the post above if anyone knows the answer. I picked up my receiver set yesterday as did a friend. The lower is indeed a complete 9mm lower minus the buttstock. The upper is stripped. It's painted and the Vietnam tiger stripe is a spot on match for the Matrix Magpul stock set. The paint on the upper and lower does not line up. Mine has a few dings in the paint. The one my friend received is pretty much flawless. The upper receiver came sealed in a separate bag from the lower. I'm thinking that the uppers and lowers were painted as a set, but they've since been mixed up because they were packaged separately.

Feedback Score
    Rock River Arms has these kits on their website with a 20% off sale. However, they charged me $15 shipping - lesson learned. I ordered the port door kit and the deflector with spring. The deflector is a plastic part. I had to file the base to get it to fit properly. Also, The deflector comes with a spring, but it was so tight when assembled, that I didn't bother with it. Check the rimfire and pistol caliber AR forum on AR15.com, as this question came up over there recently and some other sources were identified.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for letting me know about the deflector spring. That makes sense.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I just ordered those same parts from Lambos. CMMG kit was $16.77 shipped.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Where are the pics! I broke down and ordered a CMMG Colt pattern lower and YHM 9mm marked upper this week. Trying to decide on 4.5" or 5.5" barrel.

Feedback Score
    Sorry about that. Here you go. Note that the patterns on the upper and lower do not match like they were finished together.

For comparison, here are the receivers of my Colt 6920TS.

Tonight I ordered all the remaining parts that I need to complete my all Colt 9mm AR15 (save for the charging handle) from Brownells. The bolt and ejection door are on backorder though.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Man that is cool as shit. I actually wouldn't mind the upper and lower patterns not aligning. Can't wait for you to get it together.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Haha, I really dig these sets. Would be cool to build a little MACVSOG fantasy gun out of. Like a Colt model 607 stock and and hand guard in the same scheme would look awesome.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Bret, any update?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast