Trigger housing (lower)
    Butt stock
    Pistol grip
    Mag
    Follower
    Base plate

What do I have that's extra ?

Sorry I know this has been done before
    I don't personally count the cocking handle as an op rod. That nomenclature was designed to target the norinco m14 semis. The m14 op rod is truly an op rod. I'm not aware of any publicly available guidance as to what parts they consider on the 922(r) list.

If one did count the cocking handle, the 556 version, which is presumed to be made in the US is an option.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 06-13-17 at 22:29.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    I don't personally count the cocking handle as an op rod. That nomenclature was designed to target the norinco m14 semis. The m14 op rod is truly an op rod. I'm not aware of any publicly available guidance as to what parts they consider on the 922(r) list.

If one did count the cocking handle, the 556 version, which is presumed to be made in the US is an option.

I believe there is a five year limitation on 922r from point of conversion and this generally applies to the manufacturer from my understanding. So basically, even if you added a buttstock while registering it as an SBR or welding on an extension to the barrel bringing it out to 16"- if it is over five years old since say a configuration change, then it doesn't matter either way. If it were me, I'd have the extension added to the barrel and add a brace style stock- keep it for five years in that configuration, then add a regular stock. If someone gives you grief about 922r during that time- point out it's wearing a brace, not a stock. Technically it can be either a pistol or a rifle with a 16" barrel, no minimum barrel requirements for pistols obviously. I think I just invented a 922r loop hole.

The fact that we have to go through this on a right that "shall not be infringed" is ridiculous.

7n6
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 06-17-17 at 07:58.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 68ar15 View Post
    They need to bring in one with a 14.5 threaded bbl then we could pin and weld and have a title I rifle.

Also they need quality 922r parts
    922r...Pfft whatever. Absolutely NEVER heard of a person being actually questioned about 922r. And even the hearsay stories involve someone with other weapon violations, such as trafficing, and they were just piling on charges. Why people humor this BS when it's NEVER enforced is beyond me. You're just throwing your money away.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    I believe there is a five year limitation on 922r from point of conversion and this generally applies to the manufacturer from my understanding. So basically, even if you added a buttstock while registering it as an SBR or welding on an extension to the barrel bringing it out to 16"- if it is over five years old since say a configuration change, then it doesn't matter either way. If it were me, I'd have the extension added to the barrel and add a brace style stock- keep it for five years in that configuration, then add a regular stock. If someone gives you grief about 922r during that time- point out it's wearing a brace, not a stock. Technically it can be either a pistol or a rifle with a 16" barrel, no minimum barrel requirements for pistols obviously. I think I just invented a 922r loop hole.

The fact that we have to go through this on a right that "shall not be infringed" is ridiculous.

7n6
    Do you have a source for the 5-year statute of limitations?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Do you have a source for the 5-year statute of limitations?
    Do your own research. I've read it several times.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Right. Did you read it on a forum, an opinion from a respected firearm attorney such as Mark Barnes, or in an official letter from BATF?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tenchu74 View Post
    922r...Pfft whatever. Absolutely NEVER heard of a person being actually questioned about 922r. And even the hearsay stories involve someone with other weapon violations, such as trafficing, and they were just piling on charges. Why people humor this BS when it's NEVER enforced is beyond me. You're just throwing your money away.
    Probably because most people don't believe it is a good idea to say "pffft whatever" about a federal law on an open forum.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    So, your opening sentence in your post regarding 5 years begins with "I believe" and ends with "from my understanding". You get asked for specifics - by a member who contributes more to this forum than the vast majority of people here, and you respond with "do your own research". Way to contribute to the tribal knowledge base. If you make bold statements about federal law, that fly in the face of most peoples understandings, you should probably provide a credible citation. We are all pretty fortunate that Josh doesn't answer questions like that - someone might think he was rude and interested in simply stirring the pot... I'll bet you Josh will forget more about Sigs, machine guns, and 922R than the rest of us will ever know.

Oh and I just did my own research and did a word search for "5 years" in US Code Title 18 Section 922R. Came up with no results. My search function must not be working.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    On a happier note, 551's are leaving Switzerland today and should be in Texas next week!
    Damien

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast