Thread: Ummmmm...fake Surefire?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ummmmm...fake Surefire?

So I purchased an M600 Intellibeam from B&H Photo (a seemingly solid company that I have done business with in the past). They have a "used department" and I found this light for a good price. The condition was listed as "Open Box, like new, full manufactures warranty".

The first thing I noticed was that it is NOT the intellibeam head...but the surefire packaging and user manual is correct. Then I noticed the head has one of those Chinese-style magnifying lenses and no reflector. THEN I noticed the switch is backwards...there is no momentary on...you have to click all the way, then you are constant on...when you press it a bit, the light goes off. It is basically, "momentary off"

Anyone seen anything like this before?
    IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg
    -

Evey -- Are you like a...crazy person?
    V -- I'm quite sure they will say so.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not sure about the universe" -- Einstein

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Surefire uses TIR lenses, not reflectors, so that looks OK. I'm surprised you were able to unscrew the head like that, though.

The lack of momentary/click for constant on is strange, though. A lot of cheap copies have the switch logic reversed, like you have described for your sample. I wonder if someone purchased the intellibeam, then got a knock-off from eBay and put it back in the packaging and returned it. B&H wouldn't know the difference.

Also, the little battery sticker is something I have never seen. I have a dozen brand new M300C and M600U here and none of them have those stickers.

Oh, and the latest M600U has a head labeled KE2-A, not KE2-C.

Edit: Is the image showing the front of the lens with the light fully assembled? If so, that does look odd. You should be able to see the LED through the front TIR lens on a real Surefire head.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dude I had the exact same thought about someone returning a fake. Bastards. I have reached out to B&H, so we shall see what they say.

Yeah, you definitely cannot see the LED when the head is fully assembled...and I have never owned an LED Surefire that allowed you to access the LED like this one.

There is also a lack of serial number on the main body, and no "www.surefire.com" on the tail cap.

It's gotta be fake.
    -

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not sure about the universe" -- Einstein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Keep us updated OP.

No personal experience with the intelibeam lights, but the pictures are not giving me the warm and fuzzies.

Also, I have seen more than a few "returns" that were the buyer swapping the good part with junk, broken, or fakes to get their hands on the real deal. The local Cabela's had a Tango down VG in their bargain cave for months which someone bought then swapped it out for an A2 and returned it.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, this is for SURE not an intellibeam head.

B&H has always been good...I'm assuming they will take this thing back...I will obviously be telling them they should NOT sell this to anyone else as a Surefire product.
    -

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Keep us updated OP.

No personal experience with the intelibeam lights, but the pictures are not giving me the warm and fuzzies.

Also, I have seen more than a few "returns" that were the buyer swapping the good part with junk, broken, or fakes to get their hands on the real deal. The local Cabela's had a Tango down VG in their bargain cave for months which someone bought then swapped it out for an A2 and returned it.
    I've seen the same thing in a cabelas bargain cave- magpul MIAD grip box with an A2 Pg inside

Feedback Score
    That is definitely not a complete Surefire product. The head alone should be enough cause for a full refund. Let us know what happens.