Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loading Remington 700

Feedback Score

Loading Remington 700

Ok, this is going to make me seem REALLY stupid, but such is life.

I picked up my first bolt gun with a lowball bid on GunBroker. It's a Remington 700 in .308. It's supposed to have a 4+1 capacity. How do you get that +1? The only way I can see is to load 4 rounds, then manually load the 5th into the breech, then push down on the rounds as you move the bolt forward.

This seems wonky. Maybe it's really only meant to have 4 rounds?

See, I told you it would make me seem stupid

Thanks,

JRC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Load 4 into mag, insert mag, load 1 round into chamber by cycling the bolt forward, remove mag, add another round, and insert mag again firmly.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    Considering yours most likely does not have a detachable magazine, how you described it is how I've always loaded mine, by wrapping my support hand under the rifle to depress the rounds. It's the same when you go to close the bolt on an empty chamber as well; just push the rounds down far enough that the bolt can't grab a round when you go to close it.

Feedback Score
    Oh, sorry. I should have pointed out that it's a 700P. It has an internal magazine with floor plate

JRC

Feedback Score
    Thanks, that's really the only way I can see to do it.

JRC

Quote Originally Posted by SavageBrew84 View Post
    Considering yours most likely does not have a detachable magazine, how you described it is how I've always loaded mine, by wrapping my support hand under the rifle to depress the rounds. It's the same when you go to close the bolt on an empty chamber as well; just push the rounds down far enough that the bolt can't grab a round when you go to close it.

Feedback Score
    I have never gotten more than 4 in mine. And would like to use 5. No detachable mag.

Feedback Score
    Yes it’s 4 in the internal magazine plus one in the chamber, so pushing down before closing the bolt is the way to do it.

Here’s mine, cause I like pics

Feedback Score
    Put the 4 rounds in, press down on the rounds and slide the bolt enough over the rounds. slide the 5th in to the action and close the bolt. works with the floor plate model and none.

Funny thing is i have a 700 made in 2006 chambered in 30-06 and a 2017 chambered in the same cartridge. The 2006 is 5+1 and the new one is 4+1.

Feedback Score
    Get one of these or better the full stock. Love mine

Feedback Score
    Grinder, will those bolt onto the factory stock?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast