Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drop down danglers

Feedback Score

Drop down danglers

Hey guys. I'm been toying with the notion of putting a drop down pack on my PC. I've been hearing that it is starting to(maybe a while) is coming in favor of some cool guy groups

So I ordered the TT drop down. I want to put my IFAK in it so I have instant access to it. Plus I want it off my PC. I'm not in a position where I'll be kicking doors for hours straight so I don't need the IFAK as an arm rest lol.

But for those who run one, do they swing back and for a lot when you maneuver? And when you go prone does it swing out and bunch up under you?

It seems like it might.

Basically I want to know if it's a good move or if I just wasted $40.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can't speak for the TT pouch, but I have a Spiritus Systems SACK and it doesn't swing forward.

Feedback Score
    I'm not a fan of danglers. If you're going to do one make it small, it's when you're in the prone they don't let you get as low to the ground.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I run one on multiple setups and have no issues with them flopping. If you are wearing your armor correctly, it is a non issue. Also, don't over pack them, they are designed to carry the bare minimum. I run a small IFAK or Survival/E&E/signal kit in mine. IMHO, the TT and Ferro pouches are too big. TYR and Spiritus are nice. You can also modify a horizontal GP pouch from First Spear, Eagle, TAG, TT, TYR, etc to work with some Velcro One-Wrap and some 1" plastic loops. kind of like this TYR setup: http://www.tyrtactical.com/_ui/image...GPSPM_0096.jpg
    Last edited by drtywk; 06-24-17 at 13:49.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

My PC basically serves as a weighted vest when I run the track. The SACK is usually loaded with my wallet, iPhone 6s and car keys. I certainly flops against my belly but nothing unbearable.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've seen some pictures of HSLD guys wearing them, but from my limited non-military/non-LEO experience anything below the waist line is a nut-buster. I've not used a dangler, but did try a f*$ bag (fanny pack) in conjunction with a PC. I probably had it overloaded, but it was uncomfortable.

Why not just mount a tear-off IFAK on your PC?

Full Disclosure: I'm just a guy that likes to shoot a lot, and often wears gear while doing it. As such, my gear doesn't have any real purpose outside of those I've made up. Therefore, I have the luxury of selecting where and what I put on my battle belt and PC (i.e. I don't have communications equipment, etc to contend with).

Short story: listen to someone with real experience...not me.

Feedback Score
    I used one on my work PC for a while. I liked being able to reach it with both hands, and it kept me from having a bulky ass pouch on the side of my armor.

Personally, I like it. It's not for everyone, but I could live with the trade offs, such as it flopping around.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I can't speak for everyone, but I can say that in my experience I haven't had any issues going prone with my setup. I use a ferro dangler and I have it mounted high enough so that the top of the dangler hits the bottom of my plate carrier when I lean forward. The way I have my dangler packed the top surface of it is relatively flat and rigid so that if I'm leaning forward or about to go prone it wont fall away from my stomach because it's a flat surface (the top of my dangler) butting up against another flat surface (the bottom of my PC) if/when gravity pulls it. And it is about the same thickness as the my PC and the magazines attached to the front so it's not sticking way far out in front of everything. I figure as long as you're meticulous in the way you pack it, you should be good to go. As for the flopping...it happens, but it isn't bad enough to make me wanna ditch this setup.

Feedback Score
    I got one from Chase Tactical. About 8" wide and 5" or 6" tall. What I like about this is they have a level IIIA SA3100 insert thay can be added to provied lower abdominal coverage.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Use a Spiritus SACK on my work setup (LE) and haven't had any issues with prone or flopping around. Have it set up as a med kit with TQs and med stuff. I have a ferro one too and the Spiritus is a superior product hands down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast