Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot deals subsection?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Hot deals subsection?

I'd love to have a Hot Deals subsection added to the Equipment Exchange where people can post deals. I know the site doesn't allow other people to respond to EE threads, but this section could be the exception. We could all save each other a lot of money!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRHorne View Post
    I'd love to have a Hot Deals subsection added to the Equipment Exchange where people can post deals. I know the site doesn't allow other people to respond to EE threads, but this section could be the exception. We could all save each other a lot of money!
    Those are typically a hotbed for non-paying dealers to utilize the forum and avoid dealer fees. There is a new dealer section coming to the EE though and will address some of your requests.

C4

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Those are typically a hotbed for non-paying dealers to utilize the forum and avoid dealer fees. There is a new dealer section coming to the EE though and will address some of your requests.

C4
    I disagree. They seem to work well on many other boards including both Carolina firearm forums, garage journal, and a few others. It's obvious quickly if a dealer posts and it's either repetitive or not a deal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I disagree. They seem to work well on many other boards including both Carolina firearm forums, garage journal, and a few others. It's obvious quickly if a dealer posts and it's either repetitive or not a deal.
    I also like that the three Carolina forums i'm on allow it as well as a S&W style page on i'm on, But those are little sites and I believe with the exception of one the vendors only pay around $100 a year to advertise. The one exception, that your probably on JRHorne, just increased their price from a $100 a year to $900 a year. I'm willing to bet that the hot deal threads will be getting locked on that site from now on.

I'm not sure what M4C charges but it's one of the top AR sites available so I'm sure the vendors pay a pretty premium to get their product out to the M4C audience. If I was a paying vendor I wouldn't want to keep seeing post with free advertisements to non paying vendors.
    Last edited by hdrolling; 06-13-17 at 11:59.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Work well for the members, not for the bottom line of the forum.

C4

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    If you need something, post in the Where can I get it thread. Then people that know of deals or parts availability can respond to your need. OP, Pretty much what your after right? Otherwise just subscribe to websites mailers and they will send you a deal every day if that's what your after?
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    No, the way they are functioning on other forums is allowing users to post deals they find on any website. At any given time I may need or want several items and with a hot deals section, we are combining the time and search power of the entire forum to save everyone money. It also helps people avoid disreputable dealers even though they may offer a good price or deal.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    No, the way they are functioning on other forums is allowing users to post deals they find on any website. At any given time I may need or want several items and with a hot deals section, we are combining the time and search power of the entire forum to save everyone money. It also helps people avoid disreputable dealers even though they may offer a good price or deal.
    All true and then dealers (under fake names) come in post links to their website and circumvent the forums dealer program. :-)

Out of curiosity (as a dealer), what is the definition of "disreputable" dealer???

C4

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Just like the EE, you could limit posting to someone with so many posts. Yes a dealer can join and play the game, but if they're willing to contribute to the forums actively and add value, I'd argue we want them here anyway.

Disreputable as in terrible service including things like shipping times, shady policies, shady about having things in stock or not and charging customers as soon as the order was placed, etc.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How is this any different than the "Where can I get it thread"?
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast