Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. Representative, several aides shot during baseball practice

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Targeting Republicans?

On the other hand, the rifle was reportedly an AR-15, according to a comment by Rand Paul and by witnesses who said that over 50 shots were fired.

If above is true, the reporting will be about the evil AR-15 and we won't hear a word about the targeting of Republicans.
    Gail whatshername of ABC News just reported, and made certain she pronounced it very clearly... "An M4 Assault.... 50 rounds...a very large clip"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    "two Capitol Police officers were wounded."

I'm sure they did their best and I hope they fully recover, but only two Capitol Police with side arms to protect that much power located in one place that's easy to access? Would seem an obvious nut/Mormon magnet.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I'm sure they did their best and I hope they fully recover, but only two Capitol Police with side arms to protect that much power located in one place that's easy to access? Would seem an obvious nut/Mormon magnet.
    I know the code-word speech, which more commonly refers to the Amish... but instead of defaming another group, even in sarcastic jest, let's either say outright what we mean, or be tactfully vague ("religious terrorist").

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    Absolutely this, especially given the recent direction that the discourse has taken (Kathy Griffin, Shakespeare in the Park, madonna and her White House comments).

Ive never been one to blame one persons speech for another's actions, but it just seems things have been building up to something like this.

Prayers out to the victims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, I knew it wouldn't be long before this happened. The entire Liberal media is simply awash with their hate. Day and night. I even saw one very famous actor, can't recall who it is, say about the Caesar deal that 'it's art, it's not real, he needs to get over it' .. .not "they" but "he"... I haven't even heard Trump mention anything about it. The people that got pissed right out of the gate were the high dollar advertisers. The late night comedy shows, SNL, it's just constant and they are not playing around. They are pissed, venting, and it was only a matter of time until some nut case carries something out.

ABC seems to be interviewing everyone but DeSantis and the mantra is "50 shots, assault weapon"

Charlie Rose reporting //// "M4 Assault Weapon"
    Last edited by tb-av; 06-14-17 at 08:38.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    I know the code-word speech, which more commonly refers to the Amish... but instead of defaming another group, even in sarcastic jest, let's either say outright what we mean, or be tactfully vague ("religious terrorist").
    We all know exactly what I'm referring, and i fail to see the harm in my sarcastic jest(s). No one thinks I'm talking about Mormons. We all adults here.

I apologize if any Mormons were offended.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Was Scalise the only person there with a detail?

All conjecture, but it would appear the victims were randomly targeted by the shooter after he determined it was the Republican practice. If he had been targeting Scalise (or anyone else) specifically, it would be reasonable to assume he would be able to recognize that person by sight, and would not have to ask who was playing. I wonder if Scalise was hit due to proximity to his detail, who would have been the only ones firing back at the shooter.

Again, just speculation, but it sounds like a radicalized SJW who was not even informed enough to be able to recognize the targets of his hate without asking first.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post

All conjecture, but it would appear the victims were randomly targeted by the shooter after he determined it was the Republican practice. If he had been targeting Scalise (or anyone else) specifically, it would be reasonable to assume he would be able to recognize that person by sight, and would not have to ask who was playing. I wonder if Scalise was hit due to proximity to his detail, who would have been the only ones firing back at the shooter.

Again, just speculation, but it sounds like a radicalized SJW who was not even informed enough to be able to recognize the targets of his hate without asking first.
    Someone (Paul?) said if it had not been for Scalise being there with his detail, many more would have been shot or killed. I read that to mean that was the only security there.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post

They said Scalise is in a leadership position (majority whip) so he had a security detail.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post

And that many people there and no press? Not even one just getting background or cornering someone on the way in our out for background?

I know it was a baseball practice, but it would have been nice if at least one GOP rep were CCWing. Don't know how the whole DC thing plays in that.

So no dead, not even the attacker? Kudos to the detail. Handgun versus and AR on an open field has to be full pucker.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    And that many people there and no press? Not even one just getting background or cornering someone on the way in our out for background?

I know it was a baseball practice, but it would have been nice if at least one GOP rep were CCWing. Don't know how the whole DC thing plays in that.

So no dead, not even the attacker? Kudos to the detail. Handgun versus and AR on an open field has to be full pucker.
    Shooter is dead.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast