Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: U.S. Representative, several aides shot during baseball practice

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Im just gonna leave this here...No target in mind?!

FBI: Gunman who shot congressman had no target in mind

"WASHINGTON

Adrift and nearly out of money after three months of living out of his van in the Washington area, the gunman who shot a top House Republican and four other people on a Virginia baseball field didn't have any concrete plans to inflict violence on the Republicans he loathed, FBI officials said Wednesday.

James T. Hodgkinson, 66, was shot and killed by police after he opened fire on Congressional Republicans practicing for their annual charity baseball game against Democrats last week. Rep. Steve Scalise of Lousiana, the House majority whip, was struck in the hip and gravely wounded. Scalise remains hospitalized, and his condition was upgraded to fair on Wednesday. All five people who were shot, including two U.S. Capitol police officers, survived their injuries.

At a news conference on Wednesday, FBI officials gave an overview of the evidence they've gathered on Hodgkinson. They said he acted alone and had no connections to terror groups. But they said they had not yet clarified who, if anyone, he planned to target, or why, beyond his animus toward President Donald Trump and the Republicans he felt were ruining the country. It wasn't even clear whether he had prior plans to attack the baseball practice or whether he just happened upon it the morning of June 14, said Tim Slater, who leads the criminal division of the FBI's Washington field office.

"At this point in the investigation, it appears more spontaneous," Slater said.

Hodgkinson had a piece of paper with the names of six members of Congress written on it, Slater said, but the note lacked any further context and there was no evidence from his computer, phone or other belongings that indicated he planned to target those officials. Slater declined to name the officials whose names were on the note or say whether they were Republicans or Democrats or were at the baseball practice. "

http://www.kansascity.com/news/natio...157303969.html
    Oh.
    My.
    God.
    They have no shame. That may be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on the internet. its that impressive.

Edit: On a side note - he could have had a months rent with the cost of the AR.
    and the note. It didn't say "I want to kill" before the list, so what do you want the prosecutor to do!???
    At this point, what difference does it make?
    Last edited by MegademiC; 06-23-17 at 22:44.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Still want to know how he knew about the practice location. I didn't even know about the game.
    The neckbeard brigade figured that out the day of the shooting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/12/u...gton.html?_r=0

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Where there is smoke there is fire . . .

In April, Hogkinson made the tourist rounds in Washington, visiting monuments, museums, the U.S. Capitol and the Dirksen Senate Office Building and taking pictures, the FBI said. He also took pictures of the baseball field where he would later fire more than 60 shots.

“The FBI does not believe that these photographs represented surveillance of intended targets,” the FBI said in a statement.

Hodgkinson also visited the office of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, whose campaign he had worked on as a volunteer, and was in email contact with the two Democratic senators from his home state.
    https://apnews.com/82d6a333da66401aaa164485be711b44
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Here's hoping that the FBI applies the same level of inquisitiveness and connections to Trump as the do in this case.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Where there is smoke there is fire . . .

https://apnews.com/82d6a333da66401aaa164485be711b44
    yeah the FBI anymore is worthless it seems !

boston bombers !
    this and so many others like hillary

Feedback Score
    Sixty photos, a hit list, scouting the area for months, a weapon with a couple hundred rounds, and foreknowledge that the Republicans would be isolated on that field.

Nothing to see here folks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Sixty photos, a hit list, scouting the area for months, a weapon with a couple hundred rounds, and foreknowledge that the Republicans would be isolated on that field.

Nothing to see here folks.
    Okay, before you start telling everyone that he took sixty photos of the ball field and the FBI still doesn't think it is connected, please reread the article. I mentions he fired sixty rounds not took sixty pictures.

Pretty sure the FBI doesn't believe he just happened across the ball field at that time, they just can't prove it. Kind of like we all knew OJ killed the gal (maybe not the best example).

I believe they are making the statements they are in hopes that the nutcase fringe on the left let it go without spurring a lot of copycat action.

But, yeah, you don't have to be a rocket scentist to figure out what the guy's plans were in the days leading up to his rampage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Okay, before you start telling everyone that he took sixty photos of the ball field and the FBI still doesn't think it is connected, please reread the article. I mentions he fired sixty rounds not took sixty pictures.

Pretty sure the FBI doesn't believe he just happened across the ball field at that time, they just can't prove it. Kind of like we all knew OJ killed the gal (maybe not the best example).

I believe they are making the statements they are in hopes that the nutcase fringe on the left let it go without spurring a lot of copycat action.

But, yeah, you don't have to be a rocket scentist to figure out what the guy's plans were in the days leading up to his rampage.

You are right, sorry I thought it said he had sixty pictures. I would like to think the FBI has integrity. Maybe they are downplaying everything for now so they can link the evidence together but who knows what is going on.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 06-24-17 at 12:34.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    It's just hard to have a lot of faith in the FBI with all the high profile failures and the blatant politicization of the agency over the past few years. I saw a couple of the SAC's press statements and he didn't scream competency IMO.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728