Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIG Romeo 4m series - where is it made?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

SIG Romeo 4m series - where is it made?

So i've read quite a bit about this optic. People were speculating it's a holosun copy (probably was/is).

The bottom of my particular optic says the following:

"Designed by SIG in Oregon. Assembled in China."

Some other owners said theirs say Designed by SIG in Oregon. Assembled in USA."

I emailed SIG optics and got this answer:

Hello XXXXX-

Thank you for your SIG business. The serial number that you have provided was manufactured in China.

We did move assembly to California on the R4 line and some R4M were assembled there. Currently we assemble all the R4/R6 items in CA.

Have a great weekend.

Craig P.

Sales Operations Support Manager, Electro-Optics Division

EDIT: Purpose of this post was to clarify where the 4m was/is made.

With all this being said, I would be willing to bet it did indeed start its life out as a 515gm copy with SIG designing the style of it.

Feedback Score
    Its a pretty safe bet that any budget optic is going to be made in the PRC or the Philippines

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    So i've read quite a bit about this optic. People were speculating it's a holosun copy (probably was/is).

The bottom of my particular optic says the following:

"Designed by SIG in Oregon. Assembled in China."

Some other owners said theirs say Designed by SIG in Oregon. Assembled in USA."

I emailed SIG optics and got this answer:

Hello XXXXX-

Thank you for your SIG business. The serial number that you have provided was manufactured in China.

We did move assembly to California on the R4 line and some R4M were assembled there. Currently we assemble all the R4/R6 items in CA.

Have a great weekend.

Craig P.

Sales Operations Support Manager, Electro-Optics Division

EDIT: Purpose of this post was to clarify where the 4m was/is made.

With all this being said, I would be willing to bet it did indeed start its life out as a 515gm copy with SIG designing the style of it.
    Holosun makes the Romeo line for Sig. You pay a premium for the slightly better looks of the Romeo and Sig name, like $200. Get the Holosun HS503GU with Motac, switchable circle dot or dot, and even FDE finish if you like for $150 to 180 on amazon or from natchez shooter supply. I bought three for the price of one Romeo!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBear View Post
    Holosun makes the Romeo line for Sig. You pay a premium for the slightly better looks of the Romeo and Sig name, like $200. Get the Holosun HS503GU with Motac, switchable circle dot or dot, and even FDE finish if you like for $150 to 180 on amazon or from natchez shooter supply. I bought three for the price of one Romeo!
    Eh. I had a 515GM and I loved it. Someone offered me a decent amount more than I paid for it - so I took it.

I found this 4m for $175 and i'm satisfied with it for the time being. There's definitely a difference between the other holosuns vs the 515GM and romeo 4m. IPX ratings are higher on the latter models as well.

Feedback Score
    Props to SIG for moving the production back to America.

They should fly that particular flag higher when they do so.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joffe View Post
    Props to SIG for moving the production back to America.

They should fly that particular flag higher when they do so.
    Do you have a source? Are we talking firearms, accessories, optics?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Do you have a source? Are we talking firearms, accessories, optics?
    Literally the original post of this thread. My post was a reply to the OP.

Feedback Score
    Got it. My bad.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    WTF would any firearm, firearm accessory, or optic company purposefully have manufacturing or assembly operations in CA? It is openly hostile to businesses and even more so to firearms. I’m surprised Surefire continues to be based in CA.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Eh. I had a 515GM and I loved it. Someone offered me a decent amount more than I paid for it - so I took it.

I found this 4m for $175 and i'm satisfied with it for the time being. There's definitely a difference between the other holosuns vs the 515GM and romeo 4m. IPX ratings are higher on the latter models as well.
    Good deal for you on your Romeo. My Holosun is rated for 30 minutes under a metter of water. I saw a youtube video where some guy put it in a deep bucket of ice water for 25 minutes. He pulled it out and it was just fine and functional. I think that is an IXP 6 rating. Anyway, I can't hold my breath that long, so it's good enough for me.

Just make sure the battery caps are always tight! Those CR2032 batteries will short out with only a drop of water as there is only a thin gap that separates that positive and negative sides from each other.
    I once went swimming with a garage door opener key chain device and the CR2032 got just a little wet and sizzled right out. Almost exploded, was bulged out and leaking. The opener it self was functional once I dried it out and put in a new battery.

However if I had left the shorted battery in too long, it would have corroded the electronics and ruined the opener. That situation could cost you your red dot sight that otherwise would survive the immersion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast