Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: B&T APC223 GEN 2

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    No. You will need to buy a riser. The T1 with low factory mount is designed to work with the APC9/45.

C4
    That's what I figured, thanks.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great weight savings. That's a nice change in itself.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Well I pulled the trigger on this one, 35th birthday present to self.

I went full boat with the Aimpoint and arm brace. Smoking deal on those items when bundled. A T1 with a throw lever mount for 450$?, yes please.

I was a little concerned about the very short barrel, but looking at some of the expanding ammo these days I felt comfortable with it for my intended sub 50m uses. That and the thing just seems so badass, and I love swiss quality I'm a watch guy too.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Well I pulled the trigger on this one, 35th birthday present to self.

I went full boat with the Aimpoint and arm brace. Smoking deal on those items when bundled. A T1 with a throw lever mount for 450$?, yes please.

I was a little concerned about the very short barrel, but looking at some of the expanding ammo these days I felt comfortable with it for my intended sub 50m uses. That and the thing just seems so badass, and I love swiss quality I'm a watch guy too.
    Congratulations!!! Could we please see some pics!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Will do, still waiting on a shipping confirmation from Grant. I should hopefully have it early next week, I placed my order monday night and my FFL faxed him yesterday.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So I'll do a couple posts here, first will be unboxing and initial impression.

unnamed.jpg

First impression opening the nice hard case it comes in, lots of extra stuff.
    Included is an adjustable two point sling, adjustable with sliders on both end with HK hooks. 100$ Value on HK parts
    3 short ladder rail covers
    Polymer buis. These were a super stiff polymer and they are basically plastic magpul Pro sites. Unexpected plus.
    Very complete cleaning kit.
    Gen 3 Pmag
    Manual
    Arm brace, more on this one later.

Just about the only thing missing is a front sling mount.

Fit and finish was impeccable. I'm a watch guy with a few Rolexes, this is a Rolex of firearms. Blown away by just how well everything fits and how nice the different finishes are on all the different parts.

The arm brace does not deserve these same compliments though. Not all plastics are the same, and this is a great example. While the B&T plastics are super tough feeling the plastic on the arm brace has the feel and look of total garbage. The rubber of the brace mates very poorly to the plastic of the hinge, the two are on different angles (they should not be and were not designed this way). The brace ends up with an up sweep because of it. It does not clip into the closed position, understandable but unfortunate. The look of the brace is absolutely outstanding, as is its effectiveness for improvised shooting positions. Sadly it lacks in execution, I would love for B&T to have made this thing under license so it was not hobby grade.

My biggest gripe with the brace is it blocks the ejection port when closed, while not totally closed I don't think there is space for the case to eject. The brace needed to be 5mm lower to be fully functional when closed. SB tactical really screwed up on this part of it. There is no need for it to be high the way it is. Its shoddy construction made it worse due to the way the brace is poorly attached to the hinge causing an upsweep.

Not pictured is the B&T Aimpoint T1. I ordered one and then got an email from Grant he was out and was going to ship it separately, I am still waiting on it. When I get it and a sling mount I post a picture of it set up and then a range report.
    Last edited by TMS951; 08-23-17 at 10:10.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the report. Would I be correct to assume that you're going to SBR it?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Thanks for the report. Would I be correct to assume that you're going to SBR it?
    No, I actually bought this expressly to keep as a pistol, this version of the brace and its visual similarity to a stock sold me. In my state you can not drive with a loaded rifle, you can drive with a loaded pistol. If I SBRed it I would no longer be able to drive around with it loaded. I will keep this loaded in my truck. Quite honestly the number one reason to me to SBR it would be to put a vertical for grip on it, the for end is super short. The arm brace is actually very effective as is, its just not produced tot he same standards as the gun.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    I tried it, and the Troy Micros are too tall. I like where the B&T mount puts the RDS, but the lack of a co-witness BUIS has me considering a different mount.
    Do they absolutely need to fold? What about the bottom set of these sights from Lage?

http://www.max-11.com/Sights.html

Also, how does the grip feel on these? Looks kind of narrow, like a stock AK grip

Feedback Score
    So, is their a rifle, version available? Like a non-NFA version?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast