Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: B&T APC223 GEN 2

Feedback Score
    Excellent review TMS951. I have only shot a couple magazines of SP ammo through mine and found the same issue, but only with the last two or three rounds from each magazine.

I also noticed the same copper fouling and stiffness with the piston sleeve, although mine has never seized, even after several hundred rounds shot in a single session. After I initially noticed the fouling, I just remove the powder and copper build-up and add a light coat of oil to the sleeve while I am cleaning the rifle. This afternoon I ran drills for about 420 rounds and took a picture of my sleeve showing what I see. 360 rounds suppressed and the remaining unsuppressed.

I have also noticed a small amount of erosion on the gas port on the "Normal" side of the sleeve.
    Last edited by michealj; 11-21-17 at 20:59.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Interesting and disappointing about the soft point ammo. W/ that said, the GHM-9 has the same issues and is now becoming documented. B&T has officially stated they are working on a user serviceable fix (guessing pulling the trunion / feed ramp block and swapping it). Maybe they will do the same for the APC. Interesting the APC 9 doesn't have these issues though.
    Professional Babysitter

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fivepointoh View Post
    Interesting and disappointing about the soft point ammo. W/ that said, the GHM-9 has the same issues and is now becoming documented. B&T has officially stated they are working on a user serviceable fix (guessing pulling the trunion / feed ramp block and swapping it). Maybe they will do the same for the APC. Interesting the APC 9 doesn't have these issues though.
    Not really disappointing. The B&T APC products are actually "mil-spec" just like a Colt M4. There are certain types of ammo that will NOT feed in these guns. Why? They are setup to FMJ.

With that said, the GHM9 was built as a new product for the market (as people wanted a cheaper option). It was designed to feed FMJ. People have now asked for it to also feed HP ammo. B&T being a great CS oriented company has agreed to make some changes.

The APC9 feeds HP ammo by accident, not by design (FYI).

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
    Lubing of the gas piston?? That is the first time I have ever heard that for a piston gun. I have a Bren 805, a SCAR 17 and a PWS and they all expressly state that NO lube is to be used. That seems strange and concerning. I was thinking of this gun. Now, maybe I will wait on the BREN 806.
    I would not lube any piston, especially a short stroke design.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Got a new, updated version of this gun and thought I would show the differences. The GEN 2 features a fluted barrel (changing the weight from 8.3lbs to 7.6lbs), 1/2X28 thread pitch and a wider selector (safety).

Attachment 46040Attachment 46039Attachment 46041

C4
    Hi,

Is the weight difference that much between the gen 1 and 2? I have a gen 1 that weights closer to 7.7 lbs empty without magazine or other attachments. Would you be able to weigh a gen 1 and gen 2 in similar configurations/with similar accessories and let us know? I'm not sure I trust the specified weight of gen 1 as stated from the factory.

I have noted that it is muzzle heavy, though, so that even a small weight savings may feel much better if the weight is coming off the barrel.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by michealj View Post
    Excellent review TMS951. I have only shot a couple magazines of SP ammo through mine and found the same issue, but only with the last two or three rounds from each magazine.

I also noticed the same copper fouling and stiffness with the piston sleeve, although mine has never seized, even after several hundred rounds shot in a single session. After I initially noticed the fouling, I just remove the powder and copper build-up and add a light coat of oil to the sleeve while I am cleaning the rifle. This afternoon I ran drills for about 420 rounds and took a picture of my sleeve showing what I see. 360 rounds suppressed and the remaining unsuppressed.

I have also noticed a small amount of erosion on the gas port on the "Normal" side of the sleeve.
    Any further erosion of the gas port. I actually got rid of my Bren 805, as the gas port on mine was eroding quickly and I was feeling particles hit my left cheek every so often. They say mine was an isolated incident. I am just curious how yours is doing, as my SCAR has no erosion at all.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Pics of the APC308 are popping up from the NRA show. Estimates are saying early 2019 for possible arrival. Grant, you can go ahead and put me down for one. It seems a bit early to start a separate APC308 thread, since I haven’t seen much more than a few pics and not many details.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    That APC223 is a piglet at 8.3 pounds without even a buttstock and only a 8.9" barrel.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 05-07-18 at 19:20.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm interested in this as well. This is the next (and last) firearm I plan on buying but don't want to see that at 1k rounds.

Eta: regarding the erosion

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I ran 400rnds through it at a VTAC nightfighter class.

CBC M193 ammo. No malfunctions of note.

The gun was a real crowd pleaser and performed very well in and out of cars. Its a real flame thrower in the dark, and loud. Inside its very loud. Shooting it under a car?, like a flash bang. I had heavy duty ear pro, others around me were blown away literally.

I have the telescoping brace on the way, I feel this should fix the not reliably ejecting with the brace folded issue.

I still really like the gun, not being able to run SP ammo still sucks. I just MK262 unless I'm doing high volume training and I'm happy enough.

At this point my gas selector has loosened up and does not lock up on my anymore. Erosion seems okay at my current round count.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast