G&R Tactical
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: getting into the precision bolt game

Feedback Score
    Looks like the Tikka T3X Lite or T3X CTR is where I am going to go with the rifle side of things. I am pretty sold on .308 for the simple fact that this is a training rifle, pure and simple. The likelihood of an issue rifle being .308 far outstrips the 6.5CM.

For optics, I am thinking that a Leupold 3-15 will be enough glass to start out with, and can be had for around $1000. I am having a hard time justifying spending significantly more than that.

Between the rifle and optic (plus mount, suggestions?), it looks like this is going to be around $2500 all-in.

Feedback Score
    I would take a hard look at Bushnell DMR/LRTSi line for optics. Feature packed with a good reticle. When looking at optics it seemed like they all had issues. So something less than perfect is easier to deal with at 1K vs 4K and I would be more likely to use it as intended. Used optics prices are way high IMO. Shop around and you will get close to used prices for new. My preference is for ARC mounts/rings.

Hard to say anything negative about the Tikkas, good choice.

If you hand load, the .308 is nothing to shake a stick at. ABM and Federal sell ammo loaded with 185 juggs if you dont.
    Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 08-10-17 at 18:19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Eurooptic just put some of the T3X Lites on sale:
    http://www.eurooptic.com/Tikka-T3x-L...p-JRTX035.aspx

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BadDogPSD View Post
    Eurooptic just put some of the T3X Lites on sale:
    http://www.eurooptic.com/Tikka-T3x-L...p-JRTX035.aspx
    Nice price. I am not normally a man that could give two shits about aesthetics... but there's aesthetics and then there's mossy oak breakup.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123