Thread: Dual IFAKs or no?

Feedback Score

Dual IFAKs or no?

So I got a dangler for my pc in the hopes I could make it IFAK. For several reasons it just doesn't work.

I have two ifaks set up the same way. One on my pc that I tried moving to the dangler and one in my battle belt.

I'm really trying to keep stuff of off the pc. Should I put the pc IFAK back where it was or just say F it and only run one IFAK on my belt?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    What kind of mission are you working that you need two ifaks?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The only reason I would have two IFAKS would be if I saw the potential to use my PC and/or belt as stand alone items. If I planned on wearing my belt or pc individually I'd have an IFAK on each. Otherwise, the only thing I'd double up on is a CAT.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Put #2 in your day/assault pack.

For my kit, I've got 1 IFAK on the CR/PC with 2x TQ (similar to a Dark Angel size/items).
    Working on a small "pocket kit" that will fit in a cargo pocket for EDC.
    This is something that could fill your need for more med supplies- instead of a full secondary IFAK, you could do a pocket kit as a "plus-up" of your initial IFAK.
    If things go full retard and I feel I need the day pack, then there's a combo IFAK/Boo-boo kit in there.

I don't really see why you would need or want, or be able to find space for on your personal LBE (as you've noticed) two full IFAKs, unless you were filling a medic role or something (and then you'd be better off with some sort of dedicated aid bag anyway).

To be frank, unless your PC needs to have the role of running concealed, a couple extra pouches on it never hurt anybody...
    I'm not saying this is you (obviously I don't know your whole requirements), but I've seen a LOT (myself included) of people for some odd reason go on these wild goose chases to "lighten their plate carrier" or "make it less bulky" by offloading gear from their PC to a belt line, next thing you know they have just as much stuff crammed onto the belt and they're no less lightweight or bulky for it...

I guess the end question here is, between your belt or PC, which is your #1 piece of gear you'll wear the most?
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm one of those people that doesn't want a bunch of extraneous stuff on my rifle or gear, but as JellyBean said...another pouch isn't going to make or break you. Personally, I'm oscillating between using a belt with my PC or just my PC. Yesterday, I ran some range drills with just the belt. Frankly, a belt offers a lot of convienence if you don't overload it.

My objective is to cut the clutter and keep BULK down. Having a bunch of crap sticking out everywhere gets in the way, makes running difficult, hangs up on stuff (like door knobs) and generally make life miserable.

My advice would be to start with the basic load you envision needing for your intended purpose ("mission" as someone else said) and add to it after you thoroughly test. E.g...I pulled my handgun mags off my belt (added the double HG pouch to my PC) yesterday and went to the range to test the "lighter belt". I wasn't wearing my PC so I kept reaching for my left hip during HG reloads to find nothing but belt. I came home and ordered a single HG pouch for my belt.

Feedback Score
    Get a low profile kit for your carrier. You mount it to the carrier and then attach your gear on top of it.

http://darkangelmedical.com/d-a-r-k-shingle-trauma-kit/

https://www.originalsoegear.com/prod...rofile-aid-kit
    Worry less, Train more.