Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I "need" a new can

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)

I "need" a new can

And of course by need I mean I want.

Currently I have a M4-2000 from AAC. However I would like a 2nd 5.56 can. I know that a lot has changed in the last 5 or so years since I got mine. So what would you all suggest. Priorities are minimal and hopefully consistent POI shift. Wight and Db Reduction come in as close seconds.

The plan in the long run is to leave the M42K on my X-95 all the time and use the other can on my longer rifles so it does need to be QD compatible.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

I "need" a new can

Dead air imo. I have the AAC SD and although it's a nice can, it's time to upgrade to a more modular suppressor. I have a few buddies with the ghost and sandman-S and it's legitimate. It will be my next
    Last edited by SilentRecon; 06-15-17 at 10:23.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    For minimum POI change a Taper lock system is the best in the business. TBAC, Dead Air, and Griffin Armament all use a taper style.

These are my top 2:

Dead Air Sandman S.

6.8" long, 17.7 oz. 30db reduction. The nice thing about this is you can use it on 30 cal cartridges as well.

Griffin Armament Recce 5.

6.2" long, 14.5 oz. 35 DB reduction. MAC had this can as the quietest 5.56 can on the market.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 06-15-17 at 10:28.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have a Griffin Armament Recce 7 and love it. Since you already have a dedicated 556 can I would with with a 30 cal can. That way you have something for larger calibers but can still use it on 556 guns.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrx View Post
    I have a Griffin Armament Recce 7 and love it. Since you already have a dedicated 556 can I would with with a 30 cal can. That way you have something for larger calibers but can still use it on 556 guns.
    This is a good point. One of my big regrets was not getting an SDN6 when I had the chance.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    I would suggest 556 Saker K w/flash device. They make a 51T adapter thats solid! Very versatile can that has a very tough blast baffle. My M4-2000 gets chewed up on my 10.5" set-up w/o a brake. The Saker cans do not show any issues on 10"-11" rifles w/ FH.

I have Saker 556K and 762 cans as well as AAC m4-2000 and SDN6. I prefer the Sakers.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I have not shot the new Q cans but Kevin and the boys killed it at SIG. I am blown away with my 762 SIG can. To the point I regret getting an omega. If I was in the market for a new can I would be heavily researching Q - http://liveqordie.com/.

Feedback Score
    I think it is going to be fascinating to see how Q's cans compared to the competition.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I have not shot the new Q cans but Kevin and the boys killed it at SIG. I am blown away with my 762 SIG can. To the point I regret getting an omega. If I was in the market for a new can I would be heavily researching Q - http://liveqordie.com/.
    Nice find! They look interesting and I want that honey badger

Feedback Score
    A SiCo Omega with the Area 419 mount and flat TI end cap offers the best suppression for its weight/size by a good margin.

Will be interested in Q trash panda tests though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast