Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I "need" a new can

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Potss View Post
    A SiCo Omega with the Area 419 mount and flat TI end cap offers the best suppression for its weight/size by a good margin.

Will be interested in Q trash panda tests though.
    Meh. After purchasing the Sig I am disgusted that I bought an omega.

Feedback Score
    Yeah you said that already. Not sure which SIG you are referring to, but none of the .308 cans get close (relatively) to as short or as light as the setup I mentioned. And this is while offering similar levels of suppression. For some folks that doesn't matter, but for others that matters a lot. I will say that having to turn aftermarket for the mount and end cap isn't ideal, but the setup is great. I suggest you try it, perhaps you will be a little less sick.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Already have bro.

Feedback Score
    Well that it interesting. I'd love to see a side by side comparison of the SiCo setup and SIG 7.62 setup if you have time.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    First picture is not apples to apples as the Omega in its current setup is in direct thread mode with a 556 (sico) end cap. It's definitely shorter especially in this config - to your point. That is also the advantage of the 419 but the weight is only around 2oz. Depending on the config and caliber, the 419 is taking up what may be a needed blast chamber. It weighs about the same as the AAC mini and about an inch longer. Clearly the AAC weighs more (total weight) as there is a muzzle device involved but depending on the setup of the host weapon that may be needed. Its about an inch longer and quieter (enough to notice) then the AAC mini. Durability would go to the mini.

The omega shines in its modularity. Suppression and durability go to the sig in all calibers although it's an oz or two heavier depending on the config of the Omega. The sig seems to have old school level of durability like an SND6 or a specwar without the weight. I would not say the same about the omega but there is no way a modular can can have the durability as a non modular design without a ton of additional weight. If you just want 1 can, that can wear a lot of hats but is not really a master of any of them and can be mounted to a any number of weapons (especially with aftermarket adapters) the Omega is for you. I completely agree with you that if you want short and modular the Omega is a better call and their are those that want that.
    2017-06-25 14.33.02.jpg

Second pic is more apples to apples with the Sig as the Omega has a 51T adapter. Weight is about the same. Sig is about an inch longer. Suppression and durability go to the sig in all calibers.
    2017-06-25 15.01.43.jpg

Please dont take my general disgust towards you or to your post. Its more just thinking about the omega that disgust me. With the cans I own, its place is really as a direct thread can and that is not my preferred method of attachment but I guess is a nice to have.

Feedback Score
    I understand, I am not taking it personally. I am actually very grateful you took the pics and have XP with the Sigs, I haven't found one outside of my LGS in the wild.

As you say the weight/length thing are pretty huge as the first pic shows. That is what mine looks like with the Area 419 mount and it is just under 16oz and less than 6in added. Where as the Sig is (I cannot tell from the pic if you have the TI or not) is either 7in added and 17oz+mount or 9in added and 15oz+mount (not sure on mount weight, I was told ~2oz?). Taking those inches and oz off the end of a barrel while still providing the levels of suppression it does is pretty amazing, especially for tighter space which is what most HD and similar stuff is. It also has a stellite blast baffle and the SiCo warranty so I'm not very worried about durability. But I get what you are saying, the 419 mount on a .300 Win Mag might no be ideal, especially with a shorter barrel, but the can is rated for pretty short barrels.

I'm not in any way surprised that the Sig wins on suppression levels given the greater volume. Longer AND fatter AND more baffles AND a better baffle design is going to net less sound period. I'd love to know if you run them on ARs which you feel has more back pressure, the Sig or the Omega. Shooting the Omega with an SLR AGB I find the gas in face to be minimal, but not gone entirely.

Thanks again!

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I have the TI Sig. I also have a SLR AGB and I would say the Sig is better at blowback than the Omega but not by a ton.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I have the TI Sig. I also have a SLR AGB and I would say the Sig is better at blowback than the Omega but not by a ton.
    I'm thinking of getting one of the TI sigs also. Have you noticed much of a poi shift? I don't trust promotional info, prefer to hear from end-users. Also, do you notice the extra length? Seems like it might be annoying but the weight is low for how big the can is so maybe I wouldn't really notice it.
    Follow me on Instagram @triggerguard

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerguard View Post
    I'm thinking of getting one of the TI sigs also. Have you noticed much of a poi shift? I don't trust promotional info, prefer to hear from end-users.
    Anywhere from .75 to 2 moa shift depending on the host weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by triggerguard View Post
    Also, do you notice the extra length? Seems like it might be annoying but the weight is low for how big the can is so maybe I wouldn't really notice it.
    Extra length compared to other cans? If that is your question, no your not going to notice an inch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12