Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dead Air announces Sandman-k

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have a Sandman-S that I like. Want to get this but decisions man. 2 Specwar 5.56, 2 gemtechs, and a Sandman-S for my 5.56 guns. Wish more people would bring out A2 compatible suppressor. It would make it easier.

I just spent $300 on BE Myers mounts for the Specwar. I would love to get another Trijicon mro.....but mounts are up there.

Feedback Score
    Impatiently waiting for the north TX dealers to have these in stock.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well just ordered a Dead Air Sandman Kurtz. I wonder how it would sound with a 5.56 end cap.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    ... Wish more people would bring out A2 compatible suppressor. It would make it easier...
    Griffin M4SD/M4SDII?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was dying to order one as soon as I heard about them... in fact I ordered mine from SilencerShop over the phone 2 days before they even hit their website. It's been a long time since I've been so excited to get something in my hands, and that's saying a lot since tons of great new things have come out in the last few years.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
    I was dying to order one as soon as I heard about them... in fact I ordered mine from SilencerShop over the phone 2 days before they even hit their website. It's been a long time since I've been so excited to get something in my hands, and that's saying a lot since tons of great new things have come out in the last few years.
    I hear ya. I committed several barrels to pinned dead air muzzle devices anticipating a can like this. I love my sandman-s and know the K will deliver. I'm surprised they didn't release it sooner, but I'm not complaining with the silencer shop price.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I hear ya. I committed several barrels to pinned dead air muzzle devices anticipating a can like this. I love my sandman-s and know the K will deliver. I'm surprised they didn't release it sooner, but I'm not complaining with the silencer shop price.
    Exactly. I was honestly expecting to pay somewhere close to the $699 price Dead Air was advertising. When I called SS to see if they had any in stock yet, I just about sh*t my pants when they gave me the price. I asked him twice to verify that we were in fact talking about the Sandman-K. That just sweetened the deal so much more, but I would have bought one regardless.

This is truly in a league of its own. As far as I know, it's nearest competitors are the Razor and Socom 762 Mini 2, both of which are an inch longer and 2.5-5oz heavier. And, DA's QD system is probably the best out there. Not that the others are bad, but the Keymount is truly great.

Feedback Score
    Bumping instead ofcreating a new thread.

Anyone get some time on these yet? Any feedback?
    Specifically looking for comparisons sound-wise on 556 and 6.5CM to other cans (for instance : 556: compared to surefire RC or mini)

Also interested in POI shift.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Bumping instead ofcreating a new thread.

Anyone get some time on these yet? Any feedback?
    Specifically looking for comparisons sound-wise on 556 and 6.5CM to other cans (for instance : 556: compared to surefire RC or mini)

Also interested in POI shift.
    I've had mine out of jail for 15 months now and have well over 12k rounds through it but I can't help you on the rest. I run mine on 10.5", 11.5", and 14.5" gas guns and a 16" .308 bolt gun. It's louder than an Omega but less harsh at the shooter's ear on an AR, at least in my opinion... it's also lower backpressure than the Omega, I experience less gas to the face with it. My ARs all seem to be more accurate with the can than without, can't say for sure on the bolt gun. Also not sure about POI shift with/without the can because I run suppressed full-time. I can tell you there's no notable POI shift after taking the can on and off to swap it around onto other guns, though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
    I've had mine out of jail for 15 months now and have well over 12k rounds through it but I can't help you on the rest. I run mine on 10.5", 11.5", and 14.5" gas guns and a 16" .308 bolt gun. It's louder than an Omega but less harsh at the shooter's ear on an AR, at least in my opinion... it's also lower backpressure than the Omega, I experience less gas to the face with it. My ARs all seem to be more accurate with the can than without, can't say for sure on the bolt gun. Also not sure about POI shift with/without the can because I run suppressed full-time. I can tell you there's no notable POI shift after taking the can on and off to swap it around onto other guns, though.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    It took a while, but I found some testing online. I think the S will fit my desires more. I have a socom555 mini for short guns, and will probably be happier with an S on precision 556 and bolt 6.5 rifles.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast