Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Slamfire Cause?

Possible Slamfire Cause?

Hello all, I was hoping to get a few ideas for my problem.

I had training today and brought my personal rifle to use. Its a complete spikes tactical upper and bcg with an assembled Palmetto State Armory lower with their Enhanced Polished Trigger Kit. It's marketed as a single stage trigger.

Through 90 rounds i experienced 3 bursts. Twice while shooting under a car, the third on the square range trying to determine if I actually experienced what I thought. (no one else seemed to notice). I was shooting relatively fast and riding the reset when it occurred. I downed the gun and while trying to diagnose the issue at home, it seems that if i pull the trigger then back it off off the rear wall slightly, i can bring the hammer back by hand and it will not get caught by the trigger, nor the disconnector. I can do this pretty consistently if i find that sweet spot. the same thing happens if i pull the bolt back, and let it forward, it appears thehammer willride the bolt home. (trigger doesn't reset).

I want a second opinion that it is probably the disconnector. Has anyone ever had this issue? The parts will be coming out of the lower tonight to save any confusion with the fellow authorities and hopefully a new disconnector or complete lower parts kit will be on order.

Thank guys.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Pics of your trigger group would be beneficial to assist you.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Not technically slam fire, but my lunch money says it's the disconnector causing fire on release.

The easiest and safest route is replacement of the disconnector or complete FCG.

Check out this sticky thread for full details.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...lease-triggers
    Last edited by Clint; 06-15-17 at 17:26.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

IMG_0221.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Not technically slam fire, but my lunch money says it's the disconnector causing fire on release.

The easiest and safest route is replacement of the disconnector or complete FCG.

Check out this sticky thread for full details.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...lease-triggers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    That's a big bag of variables of questionable parts to look at. While the disconnector function to the hammer may be the problem, that function issue may be rooted in other issues aside from an otherwise functional disconnector to hammer interface. There's a lot to look at here. Without the ability to look at and inspect the parts first hand, it would be difficult to see what a root cause or causes could possibly be?

Feedback Score
    I should have included that I've seen this from something as simple as the disconnector spring installed upside down, all the way to a improperly machined lower. It's a big mixed bag of variables for cause(s). There's a lot that I would like to look into. There's many things that could cause this.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Trigger group is trash.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I would just spend $45.00 for an ALG QMS Trigger Group and take it from there.
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ategory%3DALGD

Did you have any problems with the PSA trigger group prior to your class?
    Last edited by 3 AE; 06-16-17 at 01:17.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Trigger group is trash.
    What makes you think that other than PSA?

I'm asking because I absent gaping chips or missing angles you, I don't think you can tell from pictures.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Possible Slamfire Cause?

Deleted
    Last edited by JulyAZ; 06-19-17 at 23:58.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast